The Board of Trustees met at the Medina Township Office
located at 10628 N. Galena Road, Mossville, Illinois on May 10th, 2017
Purpose: Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
John H. Dawson, Supervisor
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk
Cam Parr, Trustee
Adam Gudat, Trustee
Mike Molohon, Trustee
Richard Clinch, Trustee
Other Officials and Township Staff Present: Frank Sturm II, Road Commissioner – Mandy Forbis, Office Manager – Mark Brabant, Assessor
Others In Attendance: 1 resident attended.
Call To Order: The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Supervisor Dawson followed by pledge of allegiance to the flag.
Clerk, Garner, presented the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting held April 12th, 2017. Trustee Parr moved to approve, as presented, seconded by Trustee Gudat; followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Community Policing Report: Deputy Rials advised that Bike Patrol started first weekend of May. Multiple motor vehicle burglaries occurred in township with investigation ongoing. Will schedule patrols during Brad Wallin Memorial Baseball Tournament.
Supervisor Dawson opened floor for public input with no request received.
Correspondence & Reports
Supervisor, John Dawson:
- Investment Report: The Investment Report ending on May 10th, 2017 was accepted as presented by the board.
- The contract for Medina Park use by Brad Wallin Memorial Baseball Tournament was presented. Park agreement was found to be in order by clerk. A motion was made by Supervisor Dawson to accept Medina Park Agreement subject to certificate of insurance being submitted and found by the clerk to meet requirements, seconded by Trustee Clinch; followed by a voice vote. The motion passed with a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Road Commissioner, Frank Sturm, II:
- Secretary, Sharon Fulton, retired. Mandy Forbis is filling in.
- Did not get road tour done yet. One of crew is on vacation, this week. So will plan on next week.
- Received request from a resident to do community service. TORMA said it was ok as long as it is court ordered and their work is supervised.
- Closed Staab Road Bridge two weekends ago on a Saturday evening. Some residents opened it Sunday morning. A security camera at the location will help.
Assessor, Mark Brabant:
No report made.
Plan Commission, Brady Miller, Chairperson:
Not present to present report.
Trustee Molohon and Trustee Clinch noted that they were in Galena Knolls Hills recently and observed property that needs to be addressed. Supervisor Dawson has spoken with County Board Member Brian Elsasser who acknowledged need to address the issue. Trustee Parr inquired on landscaping drop off. Road Commissioner advised that the road district will only accept leaves and grass clippings except after major storm damage. Once security cameras are installed, the yard will be re-opened.
Discuss Medina Park Fence Extensions: Supervisor Dawson reported that Hohulin Fence Co. has started fence extension and will complete when weather permits.
Swearing in of Officers for new term: Township Office Manager Mandy Forbis swore in newly elected Township Clerk with term beginning May 15, 2017 – Shawn Garner. Township Clerk Garner swore in newly elected township board officials with terms beginning May 15, 2017 – Supervisor, John Dawson; Road Commissioner, Frank Sturm; Trustees, Cam Parr, Rich Clinch, Adam Gudat and Mike Molohon.
Pay Township Bills
Township/Road District Bills Audited: All bills of the Town and the Road District were audited and approved for payment. All bank accounts were reconciled and found to be in order. Trustee Clinch moved to pay the bills, seconded by Trustee Parr followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Adjournment: There being no further business to come before the board, Trustee Molohon moved to adjourn, seconded by Trustee Gudat: followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. The meeting adjourned at 7:56 PM.
Respectfully submitted this 10th day of May, 2017
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk