Minutes – Medina Township
Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees met at the Medina Township Office
located at 10628 N. Galena Road, Mossville, Illinois on August 9th, 2017
Purpose: Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
Present: John H. Dawson, Supervisor
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk
Adam Gudat, Trustee
Mike Molohon, Trustee
Cam Parr, Trustee
Absent; Richard Clinch, Trustee
Other Officials and Township Staff Present: Frank Sturm II, Road Commissioner – Mandy Forbis, Office Manager – Mark Brabant, Assessor
Others In Attendance: 5 resident attended.
Call To Order: The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Supervisor Dawson followed by pledge of allegiance to the flag.
Clerk, Garner, presented the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting held July 12th, 2017. Supervisor Dawson moved to approve, as presented, seconded by Trustee Gudat; followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote with Trustee Parr abstaining.
Community Policing Report: Deputy Rials not present
Supervisor Dawson opened floor for public input. No request was made.
Correspondence & Reports
Supervisor, John Dawson:
- Investment Report: The Investment Report ending on August 9th, 2017 was accepted
as presented by the board. 2. Will meet with third party to administrate the website and social media. Will present
ideas to board. 3. Wolf and Tesar will attend next months meeting to address audit.
Road Commissioner, Frank Sturm, II:
- Opened bids for 2017 Misc. Concrete Repair on 07/26/17. I.C.C.I. was low bidder with a bid price of $127,252.00. Project has been awarded and work may start next week. Scheduling Pre-Construction Meeting for next Wednesday.
- Opened bids for 2017 Pavement Maintenance on 08/02/17. R.R. Cullinan was the only bidder with a price of $284,905.90. Project has been awarded and Pre-Construction Meeting was held on 08/08/17. Tilling work to start next week.
- Last month, the issue of prevailing wages was brought up. When the Road District puts a job out for bid, we have to put certain documents in our contract booklets, and I have brought a copy of those documents for board to review. In addition to being required to pay prevailing wages, the general contractor and any sub-contractors must have a substance abuse prevention plan in place, and they must submit certified payroll records monthly. I attach payrolls to pay requests if I have them in time.
- Talked to Cargill again about salt. We actually have 785 ton in storage. I ordered 200 ton, which will fill up dome. That leaves us with 585 tons at $17.00/Ton for storage fee, for a total of $9,945.
- Will start interview process for secretary soon.
Assessor, Mark Brabant: Peoria County mailed assessment notice soon. Any increase or decrease from new construction or additions will be reflected in assessment. September 18 is cut-off from accepting appeals. Assessor is reviewing appeals on case-by-case basis.
Plan Commission, Brady Miller, Chairperson: Not present to present report.
Trustees: Trustee Molohon showed Road Commissioner photograph of graffiti in Cedar Hills Estates that needs covered.
Trustee Parr inquired about yard policy. Road Commissioner advised matter is still under review.
Park Equipment: Supervisor Dawson presented request from Brookview Sub-division to consider replacement of playground equipment at Brookview Park. Board discussed usage of equipment with focus on younger users preferably 10 years and under. Board agreed to secure bids to consider for replacement. Supervisor will follow-up on trimming trees along perimeter of the park.
Pay Township Bills
Township/Road District Bills Audited: All bills of the Town and the Road District were audited and approved for payment. All bank accounts were reconciled and found to be in order. Trustee Molohon moved to pay the bills, seconded by Trustee Gudat followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Adjournment: There being no further business to come before the board, Trustee Molohon moved to adjourn, seconded by Supervisor Dawson, followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. The meeting adjourned at 7:45 PM.
Respectfully submitted this 9th day of August, 2017
__________________________ Shawn E. Garner, Clerk