Minutes – Medina Township
Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees met at the Medina Township Office
located at 10628 N. Galena Road, Mossville, Illinois on October 11th, 2017
Purpose: Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
Present: John H. Dawson, Supervisor
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk
Cam Parr, Trustee
Richard Clinch, Trustee
Adam Gudat, Trustee
Mike Molohon, Trustee
Other Officials and Township Staff Present: Frank Sturm II, Road Commissioner – Mandy Forbis, Office Manager – Mark Brabant, Assessor
Others In Attendance: 2 residents attended.
Call To Order: The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Supervisor Dawson followed by pledge of allegiance to the flag.
Minutes: Clerk, Garner, presented the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting held September 13th, 2017. Supervisor Dawson moved to approve, as presented, seconded by Trustee Gudat; followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Community Policing Report: Deputy Rials reported burglary in Radnor Township with arrest made. Township remains quiet.
Public Input: Supervisor Dawson opened floor for public input recognizing Josh Benway with MMYBSA who advised that they have closed up facilities completing weatherizing, cleaning and removing netting. Started cleaning of storage building and will finish landscaping work.
Correspondence & Reports
Supervisor, John Dawson:
- Investment Report: The Investment Report ending on October 11th, 2017 was accepted as presented by the board.
- Sent letter to Silver Leaf property owner to address property.
- Mooney received citations on multiple properties to address outstanding issues.
Road Commissioner, Frank Sturm, II:
- I.C.C.I. has completed the miscellaneous concrete repairs. Patching work should have been completed yesterday.
- R.A. Cullinan has completed tilling and seal coat work. We have received their pay request.
- Currently, we are sweeping up excess rock and will sweep streets with curb and gutter. If there are a lot of leaves on streets, will sweep around the leaves or just not sweep those streets.
- Received new impellers and liners for leaf machines last week. In the process of installing them now. Just notified that the new tires for machines are in now as well. Good Forest will take the leaves again this year. Wet leaves will take longer to make first round of pick-up.
- Men talked to Good Forest about taking brush and trees. Currently, they will only take hardwood trees and branches, and they have to be cut to 3’ long. Will not accept brush or any evergreen type trees.
- Did receive invoice for salt storage. We have 575 tons in storage; at $17/ton, total storage fee is $9,775.
- A company called Metro Communications Co. is installing fiber optic lines in Medina and Radnor Townships. This work is being done for Stratus Network. They did obtain permits.
Assessor, Mark Brabant: No report.
Plan Commission, Brady Miller, Chairperson: Not present to present report.
Trustees: Trustee Clinch reported receiving inquires on leaf pick. Trustee Clinch requested that Road Commissioner complete leaves pick up before Halloween. Road Commissioner advised that schedule won’t be changed.
Park Equipment: Supervisor Dawson advised that materials have been ordered with hardware received. Will proceed with replacement.
Accounting Software Replacement: Supervisor Dawson advised that township is working with Wolf & Tesar on evaluating new accounting software.
Pay Township Bills
Township/Road District Bills Audited: All bills of the Town and the Road District were audited and approved for payment. All bank accounts were reconciled and found to be in order. Trustee Molohon moved to pay the bills, seconded by Trustee Parr followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Adjournment: There being no further business to come before the board, Trustee Molohon moved to adjourn, seconded by Trustee Gudat, followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. The meeting adjourned at 8:45 PM.
Respectfully submitted this 11th day of October, 2017
__________________________ Shawn E. Garner, Clerk