Minutes – Medina Township
Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees met at the Medina Township Office
located at 10628 N. Galena Road, Mossville, Illinois on November 8th, 2017
Purpose: Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
John H. Dawson, Supervisor
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk
Cam Parr, Trustee
Richard Clinch, Trustee
Adam Gudat, Trustee
Mike Molohon, Trustee
Other Officials and Township Staff Present: Frank Sturm II, Road Commissioner – Mandy Forbis, Office Manager – Mark Brabant, Assessor
Others In Attendance: 2 residents attended.
Call To Order: The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Supervisor Dawson followed by pledge of allegiance to the flag.
Minutes: Clerk, Garner, presented the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting held October 11th, 2017. Supervisor Dawson moved to approve, as presented, seconded by Trustee Gudat; followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Community Policing Report: Deputy Rials reported that it is quiet in township and will be 2018 Medina Community officer. Identified Lt. James Middlemas who is overseeing community policing program and introduced himself to township.
Public Input: Supervisor Dawson opened floor for public input recognizing Josh Benway with MMYBSA who advised that they plan to provide recommendations on wish list for park.
Correspondence & Reports
Supervisor, John Dawson:
- Investment Report: The Investment Report ending on November 8th, 2017 was accepted as presented by the board.
- Sent letter to Silver Leaf property owner to address property.
- Mooney received citations on multiple properties to address outstanding issues.
Road Commissioner, Frank Sturm, II:
- Leaf pickup started 10/30/17. There were not many out in Lake of Woods sub-division, so it just worked out that we got leaves picked up in Colony Point before Halloween. Oaks are slow to drop this year.
- John Dawson and I met recently with John Redlingshafer to discuss a few changes in employee handbook.
- John Dawson and I interviewed six candidates for clerical position at Road District. Plan to shorten list to 2 or 3 of them for a second interview. However, some of the changes in employee handbook will affect benefit package for clerical position. Because of this, I have decided to postpone hiring someone, until changes are finalized.
- John Dawson and I hosted a Webolos pack meeting so the kids could get their government badge. The kids had a good time and enjoyed the equipment tour in garage.
Assessor, Mark Brabant: Assessor is performing work on appeals. EAV should remain same. Was told that next year the senior freeze ceiling will increase to $65,000 from $55,000.
Plan Commission, Brady Miller, Chairperson: Not present to present report.
Trustees: Trustee Clinch reported that former neighbor moved to Trails Edge and found that his property was located in both Medina and Radnor Townships. Resident spoke with Peoria County at Trustee Clinch’s direction and was registered to vote in Medina Township.
Accounting Software Replacement: Supervisor Dawson presented proposal from Redman Accounting Solutions to provide accounting services to Medina Township assisting with transition to QuickBooks Online (QBO) from AMS for accounting and financial reporting. Questions from the board were presented to Katie Redman for response. Bills and payment details will continue to be presented and made in same manner. Proposal is for 5 users to have access. Modified cash is current system but can convert to accrual basis if necessary. Proposed package will cost $2,000 per month through May of 2021
Supervisor Dawson made motion to accept proposal for $2,000 per month through May of 2021 to be shared equally between Township and Road District, seconded by Trustee Parr followed by roll call vote. A roll call vote was taken by Clerk, Garner, with Supervisor Dawson and Trustees, Parr, Gudat, Molohon, and Clinch voting “Aye”. The motion passed unanimously.
Oath of Office: Supervisor Dawson presented Mark Brabant as Assessor. Clerk Garner administered oath of office to Mark Brabant
Pay Township Bills
Township/Road District Bills Audited: All bills of the Town and the Road District were audited and approved for payment. All bank accounts were reconciled and found to be in order. Trustee Molohon moved to pay the bills, seconded by Trustee Clinch followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Adjournment: There being no further business to come before the board, Trustee Molohon moved to adjourn, seconded by Supervisor Dawson, followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. The meeting adjourned at 8:20 PM.
Respectfully submitted this 8th day of November, 2017
__________________________ Shawn E. Garner, Clerk