The Board of Trustees met at the Medina Township Office
located at 10628 N. Galena Road, Mossville, Illinois on August 8th, 2018
Purpose: Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
John H. Dawson, Supervisor
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk
Mike Molohon, Trustee
Adam Gudat, Trustee
Cam Parr, Trustee
Richard Clinch, Trustee
Other Officials and Township Staff Present: Frank Sturm II, Road Commissioner – Mark Brabant, Assessor.
Others In Attendance: 1 resident.
Call To Order: Supervisor Dawson followed by pledge of allegiance to the flag called the meeting to order at 6:30 PM.
Clerk, Garner, presented the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting held July 11th, 2018. Supervisor Dawson moved to approve, as presented, seconded by Trustee Molohon; followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Community Policing Report: Lt. Middlemas advised that Deputy Rial has accepted position as school resource officer at Dunlap. Deputy James Lauber introduced as new community officer. Motor vehicle burglaries continue to be an issue throughout the county.
Supervisor Dawson asked for public comment and received no request.
Correspondence & Reports
Supervisor, John Dawson:
- Investment Report: The Investment Report ending on August 8th, 2018 was accepted as presented by the board.
- Supervisor Dawson presented thank you card from resident acknowledging new playground equipment at Brookview Park.
- Supervisor Dawson presented statement of service from Mescher Law Offices, P.C. for $418.00 with recommendation for payment. After discussion, Trustee Molohon made motion to pay invoice, seconded by Trustee Gudat and followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Road Commissioner, Frank Sturm, II:
- Opened bids for Miscellaneous Concrete and Pavement Maintenance. I emailed the bid tab for Misc. Concrete to all and awarded the contract to Horowitz, who have started. Porter Brothers was so low, see bid tabs for Pavement Maintenance, that I called them to see if they were good with their number. Just found out Monday that they are good with bid.
- Another governmental agency contacted us about purchasing our 1998 tandem. I had heard that there may have been a change in the law regarding selling surplus equipment to another governmental agency. I contacted our attorney and there has been a change, see attached email. In short, the board or highway commissioner, can declare a piece of equipment as surplus, sell it to another governmental agency, waive the bidding process and you don’t have to wait until next Annual Town Meeting. Would have to agree to a price and probably enter into an intergovernmental agreement.
- Will contact with Cargill next week about salt contract.
- A few months ago, we were contacted by Limestone High School to see if we were interested in purchasing a used Kubota mower. It is the same model that we currently have but is approximately 9 years old. The unit comes with a mowing deck that needs some work and a hardly used broom attachment. They are asking$1,500 for everything. A broom attachment is $1,200-$1,500. We are in the process of purchasing it and will use it as a sweeper. The unit runs great.
Assessor, Mark Brabant:
Will be closing my books at end of June. We will have negative multiplier this year but do not have specific number yet.
Plan Commission, Brady Miller, Chairperson:
Not present to present report.
Fence Quote Update: Supervisor Dawson advised that he received two quotes with Security Fence Co., being the lowest. Their bid was $3,000 less than the other bid. Lowest bid was accepted and job awarded to them.
Amend Appendix A to Ordinance on Prompt Payment: Supervisor Dawson requested that National Conference of Employer Retirement System be added and change Peoria Pest Control to American Pest Control. After discussion, Supervisor Dawson made motion to amend appendix “A”, seconded by Trustee Gudat; followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Pay Township Bills
Township/Road District Bills Audited: All bills of the Town and the Road District were audited and approved for payment. All bank accounts were reconciled and found to be in order. Trustee Clinch moved to pay the bills, seconded by Trustee Gudat followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Adjournment: There being no further business to come before the board, Supervisor Dawson moved to adjourn, seconded by Trustee Molohon, followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. The meeting adjourned at 7:39 PM.
Respectfully submitted this 8th day of August, 2018
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk