The Board of Trustees met at the Medina Township Office
located at 10628 N. Galena Road, Mossville, Illinois on June 12th, 2019
Purpose: Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
Present: John H. Dawson, Supervisor
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk
Mike Molohon, Trustee
Adam Gudat, Trustee
Cam Parr, Trustee
Richard Clinch, Trustee
Other Officials and Township Staff Present: Frank Sturm II, Road Commissioner – Mark Brabant, Assessor
Others In Attendance: 4 residents.
Call To Order: Supervisor Dawson followed by pledge of allegiance to the flag called the meeting to order at 6:30 PM.
Clerk, Garner, presented the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting held May 8th, 2019. Supervisor Dawson moved to approve, as presented, seconded by Trustee Gudat; followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Community Policing Report:
Deputy Lauber reported that recently motor vehicle burglaries occurred. Vehicles were not locked. Deputy spoke with residents about locking their vehicles. Resident voiced concern on burning in township. Deputy advised resident to contact county. Supervisor Dawson provided notice to Deputy of a report of noise complaint and damage to property.
Supervisor Dawson requested public input and received no request to be recognized.
Correspondence & Reports
Supervisor, John Dawson:
- Investment Report: The Investment Report ending on June 12th, 2019 will be presented next month.
- Supervisor Dawson advised that he will submit request for donation to Community Needs Agency. Chillicothe Township is making a donation.
Road Commissioner, Frank Sturm, II:
- We are still cleaning up after flooding.
- Started sweeping streets this past Monday.
- Still waiting for ground to dry up so Hunter can televise drain line on Fairview, in the park. Talked to Hunter this past Monday and they won’t televise until it dries out.
- Dillon plans to start on storm sewer on Rain Tree in Colony Point.
- We are still looking at leaf vacs.
- Porter Brothers plans to final shape, grade and compact Ivy Lake Road either later this week or early next week. Weather permitting, they plan to seal coat late next week.
- Did receive an insurance certificate from the resident that wants to farm ground south of township yard.
- Hunter cleaned storm sewer in Colony Point.
Assessor, Mark Brabant:
County is going thru sub-divisions to adjust values at my request. Review is ongoing.
Plan Commission, Chairperson Manning:
No cases were before the commission.
Trustee Clinch advised of issue with dead trees at German-American Society. He believes that only one appears to be on road district right-of-way. He asked that Road Commissioner follow-up with Illinois-American to complete repairs to roadway. Trustee Parr asked if septic can be assessed with recommendation on options to address issue.
Medina Park Update: Supervisor Dawson advised that park was re-opened Monday. Fields 5 and 6 remain unplayable. It has been a trying season with flooding. Road District has helped remove flooding debris for which Supervisor Dawson expressed gratitude. Jake Molohon has helped to maintain fields.
Township Telephone system modification: Supervisor Dawson will evaluate options and present recommendations to the board.
Pay Township Bills
Township/Road District Bills Audited: All bills of the Town and the Road District were approved for payment. Trustee Molohon moved to pay the bills, seconded by Trustee Gudat followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Adjournment: There being no further business to come before the board, Trustee Molohon moved to adjourn, seconded by Trustee Parr, followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. The meeting adjourned at 7:04 PM.
Respectfully submitted this 12th day of June, 2019
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk