The Board of Trustees met at the Medina Township Office
located at 10628 N. Galena Road, Mossville, Illinois on November 13th, 2019
Purpose: Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
Present: John H. Dawson, Supervisor
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk
Mike Molohon, Trustee
Adam Gudat, Trustee
Richard Clinch, Trustee
Cam Parr, Trustee
Other Officials and Township Staff Present: Frank Sturm, Road Commissioner and Mark Brabant, Assessor
Others In Attendance: 3 residents.
Call To Order: Supervisor Dawson followed by pledge of allegiance to the flag called the meeting to order at 6:30 PM.
Clerk, Garner, presented the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting held October 9th, 2019. Trustee Clinch moved to approve, as presented, seconded by Trustee Gudat; followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote with Trustee Parr abstaining.
Community Policing Report:
Deputy Lauber reported that it has been quiet in township. With cold weather, residents should be vigilant when leaving vehicle unattended while running to warm. Numerous reports of accidents involving deer have been received. IVC school bus was struck by another vehicle and overturned. No injuries were sustained.
Supervisor Dawson recognized Tim Clusky for public input. He advised that when they built ballfield that there was a swamp at the end of Fairview. Water is accumulating in crawlspace for approximately 5 days. He feels that the hydrant has caused his issue. He asked township for assistance. Road Commissioner Sturm advised that Hoerr Construction is coming to televise the line.
Correspondence & Reports
Supervisor, John Dawson:
- Investment Report: The Investment Report ending on November 13th, 2019 was previously presented to board.
- Supervisor Dawson reported that board will need to consider field usage at park as clean-up cost from flooding continue on a yearly basis.
Road Commissioner, Frank Sturm, II:
- Started leaf pick-up on 10/28/19. Since then, we have switched trucks over to snow removal and back to leaf pick-up two times. We are behind schedule with leaf pick-up and will continue past the 11/25/19 scheduled ending..
- Horowitz planned on being done by now, but the cold weather has delayed their schedule.
- The new leaf machine arrived last week. I am in the process of arranging financing through Better Banks. As in the past, the bank wants to see something in board meeting minutes that indicates the board is good with the purchase and financing. Total cost is $70,683.56. We will pay $14,136.71 as a down payment and pay off balance in 4 years. After discussion, township board concurred with Road Commissioner’s decision to purchase and finance of new leaf machine with motion made by Trustee Molohon, seconded by Trustee Clinch; followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote
- We will pay off the loader in either this month or December. The base bid was for $125,150. CAT offers a $110,000 buy-back. We have to decide if we will keep it or exercise the buy-back and lease a new one.
- I am getting a quote from Hoerr Construction to install a 6” sump drain line on Hendryx Lane. There is a real mess down there with that one resident’s sump pump running 7 days a week.
- Received a request for a new street light at 3rd and Atlantic in Alta and to fix the one mid-block between Atlantic and Wilder Waite School.
Assessor, Mark Brabant:
No report made.
Plan Commission, Chairperson Manning:
No cases were before the commission.
No report made.
Review, discuss and vote on participating in Opiate litigation: Supervisor Dawson has reviewed participation in class action with counsel. After discussion, Supervisor Dawson made motion to stay in class action NPO litigation, seconded by Trustee Parr; followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
General Assistance change effective January 1, 2020: Supervisor Dawson presented details of change to General Assistance mandated by the state and effective January 1, 2020. After discussion, Trustee Gudat made motion to increase General Assistance payment level from $304 to $312, seconded by Trustee Clinch; followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote
Pay Township Bills
Township/Road District Bills Audited: All bills of the Town and the Road District were approved for payment. Trustee Clinch moved to pay the bills, seconded by Trustee Parr followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Adjournment: There being no further business to come before the board, Trustee Molohon moved to adjourn, seconded by Trustee Gudat, followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. The meeting adjourned at 7:41 PM.
Respectfully submitted this 9th day of October, 2019.
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk