The Board of Trustees met at the Medina Township Office
located at 10628 N. Galena Road, Mossville, Illinois on October 10th, 2018
Purpose: Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
Present: John H. Dawson, Supervisor
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk
Mike Molohon, Trustee
Adam Gudat, Trustee
Richard Clinch, Trustee
Absent: Cam Parr, Trustee
Other Officials and Township Staff Present: Frank Sturm II, Road Commissioner – Mark Brabant, Assessor.
Others In Attendance: 3 residents.
Call To Order: Supervisor Dawson followed by pledge of allegiance to the flag called the meeting to order at 6:30 PM.
Clerk, Garner, presented the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting held September 12th, 2018. Supervisor Dawson moved to approve, as presented, seconded by Trustee Gudat; followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Community Policing Report: Deputy Lauber reported several motor vehicle burglaries in the township. Georgetown resident sustained home burglary. Residents need to be aware. Over the last month, drivers have been violating bus crossbar at stops. If issues should arise, we will monitor areas of concern if advised.
Supervisor Dawson asked for public comment. No request was received.
Correspondence & Reports
Supervisor, John Dawson:
- Investment Report: The Investment Report ending on October 8th, 2018 was accepted as presented by the board.
- Supervisor Dawson reported that 4 trees need to be addressed at township park. Photographs of the dead trees were provided for trustees to review.
- Supervisor Dawson advised a dispute has arisen with resident along the south park property line. Supervisor will have survey completed.
- In February, Supervisor will be out of town. Meeting will be moved from second Wednesday to first Wednesday of February.
Road Commissioner, Frank Sturm, II:
- Ozinga received our pre-payment for the salt. They should be arranging for delivery very soon. (Thursday or Friday).
- We installed 2 cleanouts on the sump drain line on Medina Street. Hunter was able to televise the line. It has collapsed in several locations appears to have been damage during water main replacement. A resident also cut a hole on the side of the pipe and stuck their sump line in the pipe, but didn’t seal hole, so a portion of the pipe is full of mud. I talked to 2 contractors that said they would be happy to replace it but not until next year. They are swamped with work. Dillon Plumbing thinks they can do it in next couple of weeks. I am considering this an emergency and am waiving bid requirement.
- Leaf pickup is scheduled to begin 10/29/18.
- Porter Brothers hasn’t done any of the seal coat work yet. It won’t take long to do, but the weather isn’t cooperating. Talked to them today. They are sending a motor grader and roller down, so if weather breaks, they can blade and shape Ivy Lake Road. Will seal coat if we get a little stretch of dry and warm weather.
Assessor, Mark Brabant:
Real estate sales are up and down in township. The multiplier will be -3% next year.
Plan Commission, Brady Miller, Chairperson:
Not present to present report
Trustee Clinch inquired if previously discussed tree will be removed. Road Commissioner will review. Drainage issue in Colony Point will be addressed next year. Trustee Gudat advised that resident is collecting garbage which is becoming an issue. Supervisor Dawson advised that matter should be reported to Peoria County Planning and Zoning.
Park Fence Update: Supervisor Dawson advised that fence work has been completed.
Public Act 100-0983 Clerk Attesting township payouts: Supervisor Dawson reviewed new law. Township will work with accountant to address and comply with act.
Pay Township Bills
Township/Road District Bills Audited: Road Commissioner Sturm requested Horowitz payment be issued. After reviewing, Trustee Clinch made motion to pay invoice, seconded by Supervisor Dawson followed by unanimous voice vote.
Trustee Clinch made motion to make 4 payment of $79 for mowing of Brookview Park by Dale Montgomery, seconded by Trustee Gudat followed by a unanimous voice vote.
All bills of the Town and the Road District were audited and approved for payment. All bank accounts were reconciled and found to be in order. Supervisor Dawson moved to pay the bills, seconded by Trustee Molohon followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Adjournment: There being no further business to come before the board, Trustee Molohon moved to adjourn, seconded by Trustee Gudat, followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. The meeting adjourned at 7:30 PM.
Respectfully submitted this 8th day of October, 2018
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk