The Board of Trustees met at the Medina Township Office
located at 10628 N. Galena Road, Mossville, Illinois on February 6th, 2019
Purpose: Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
John H. Dawson, Supervisor
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk
Mike Molohon, Trustee
Richard Clinch, Trustee
Cam Parr, Trustee
Adam Gudat, Trustee
Other Officials and Township Staff Present: Frank Sturm II, Road Commissioner
Others In Attendance: 6 resident.
Call To Order: Supervisor Dawson followed by pledge of allegiance to the flag called the meeting to order at 6:30 PM.
Clerk, Garner, presented the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting held January 9th, 2019. Supervisor Dawson moved to approve, as presented, seconded by Trustee Clinch; followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Community Policing Report:
Deputy Lauber reported township has been quiet. Multiple motor vehicle burglaries reported in adjoining communities. Received multiple reports for domestic disturbance at residence in Pinewood Estates over the last week.
Supervisor Dawson recognized Ken Clusky. He has issue with drain line discharging water onto premises with water accumulating in crawl space. Resident advised the Road Commissioner Stahl performed original work. Road Commissioner advised that inspection will be made once weather permits. 6 inch corrugated drainage line on Fairview Street appears to be causing the issue.
Correspondence & Reports
Supervisor, John Dawson:
- Investment Report: The Investment Report ending on February 6th, 2019 was accepted as presented by the board.
- Will only review bills at tonight’s meetings and will reconcile at next month’s meeting.
Road Commissioner, Frank Sturm, II:
- All tarped salt is now in dome. Should have enough for the remainder of winter believe.
- Porter Brothers did not re-grade Ivy Lake Road. It has a lot of potholes. A couple of residents have complained, but they understand. That not much can be done right now.
- I don’t know how many freeze/thaw cycles we have had this winter, but we are seeing a lot of potholes. Every state, county and city roadway is suffering from the same problem.
- Received a call from CAT last month. They said we were late with the annual loader payment. Apparently, we received it in November, since it was due 12/02/18. Our CPA did not receive the invoice. Mandy found it last month and sent it to the CPA. CAT said we would be in default if we didn’t pay it, so I approved it for payment. We are looking into why Katie never received it and are trying to create a safeguard so it doesn’t happen again.
- Found out a couple of weeks ago that the roadways in River Ridge Subdivision were never formally accepted into our road system, even though we have been maintaining them for a long time. That process is now started.
- Received an email from SC2 on Wilkins Dr. with two requests. The first one was to ask for us to fill some potholes. The second one was for us to look at a long-term fix for this roadway. The long-term fix is to remove and replace it. This road has served its useful life. I ran some very preliminary numbers this morning, and it would be in the $750,000+ range. The biggest problem is how to maintain traffic during construction. I suggested that we meet this spring to discuss.
- We are working with resident on Melaik, that lives near where shooting occurred last month, to have a new street light installed.
Assessor, Mark Brabant:
Not present to present report.
Plan Commission, Brady Miller, Chairperson:
Not present to present report.
Trustee Clinch commended Medina road crews for snow removal.
Discuss and vote on police contract: Supervisor Dawson outlined Peoria County Sheriff’s proposal. Supervisor Dawson recognized Sheriff Asbell. Township counsel discussed with county representative regarding early termination with recommendation that it not be incorporated. Supervisor Dawson read e-mail from Trustee Parr who expressed support for proposal but is unable to attend meeting. After discussion, Trustee Clinch made motion to accept Peoria County/Peoria County Sheriff/Medina Township Intergovernmental Agreement for Police Services for 12 hour shift for a 4-year contract, seconded by Trustee Molohon and followed by roll call vote. A roll call vote was taken by Clerk, Garner, with Supervisor Dawson, Trustees, Molohon, and Clinch voting “Aye”. The motion passed unanimously.
MMYBSA Proposal: Supervisor Dawson recognized Josh Benway who outlined items that MMYBSA would like to be addressed. Overall condition of park is good. Supervisor Dawson advised that he will place on agenda for next month.
Approve 2019 meeting dates: After discussion, Supervisor Dawson made motion to approve Board Meeting Schedule for fiscal year 2019-2020, seconded by Trustee Molohon and followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Pay Township Bills
Township/Road District Bills Audited: All bills of the Town and the Road District were approved for payment. Trustee Clinch moved to pay the bills, seconded by Trustee Molohon followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Adjournment: There being no further business to come before the board, Trustee Molohon moved to adjourn, seconded by Trustee Clinch, followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. The meeting adjourned at 7:42 PM.
Respectfully submitted this 6th day of February, 2019
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk