The Board of Trustees met at the Medina Township Office
located at 10628 N. Galena Road, Mossville, Illinois on August 14th, 2019
Purpose: Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
Present: John H. Dawson, Supervisor
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk
Mike Molohon, Trustee
Adam Gudat, Trustee
Richard Clinch, Trustee
Absent: Cam Parr, Trustee
Other Officials and Township Staff Present:
Others In Attendance: 5 residents.
Call To Order: Supervisor Dawson followed by pledge of allegiance to the flag called the meeting to order at 6:30 PM.
Clerk, Garner, presented the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting held July 10th, 2019. Trustee Clinch moved to approve, as presented, seconded by Trustee Molohon; followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Community Policing Report:
Deputy Lauber reported that we had another burglary at Red Dot Storage with only one unit effected. An arrest was made. It has been a quiet month.
Supervisor Dawson recognized resident, Tim Clusky, who reported water issue with his property. Supervisor Dawson advised that Road District cleared line, but resident would have to follow-up with Road Commissioner for details on the work performed.
Correspondence & Reports
Supervisor, John Dawson:
- Investment Report: The Investment Report ending on August 14th, 2019 was previously presented to board.
- Alison Drees is interested in purchasing Peoria Palace Skating Rink and converting property into a hot house for cannabis growth. She is securing licensing and permitting as grower. She is meeting state and county requirement and contacting township as a courtesy.
Road Commissioner, Frank Sturm, II:
- Opened bids for final seal coating of Ivy Lake Road and for the 2019 Miscellaneous Concrete Repairs. Awarded seal coating to R.A. Cullinan & Son and concrete repairs to Horowitz Concrete.
- Hunter cleaned out the drain line in the Park. Couldn’t televise because the pipe was full of water.
- Should be getting contract and price per ton for salt next month from the State.
- I am having Maurer Stutz do some engineering work for the trench drain on Woodside Drive. Hope to bid that work next month.
- River City Septic did get that area in Colony Point regraded, seeded and mulched.
- Haven’t heard anything from J.C. Dillon on when they might start work on the storm drain at Wood Ridge and Raintree in Colony Point.
Assessor, Mark Brabant:
Plan Commission, Chairperson Manning:
No cases were before the commission.
Trustee Gudat relayed request from German American Society for crosswalk marking and warning signal at crosswalk from parking. They also have several dead trees hanging over roadway and asking Road District to remove. Request will be submitted to Road Commissioner.
Medina Park Parking Surface Maintenance: Supervisor Dawson has received quotes from 3 firms. Mike Johns Asphalt Seal Coating was low bidder to clean/sweep, seal parking lot and access road with durable surface and re-stripe. Bids are Mike Johns Asphalt Seal Coating – $8,610, Perdue Pavement Solutions – $14,469, and D&D Sweeping – $22,275. Bidders advised that maintenance which should give township 3-5 years before major repairs would be necessary. After discussion, Trustee Molohon made motion to approve bid from Mike Johns Asphalt Seal, seconded by Trustee Clinch. Clerk Garner took roll call vote with Trustee Gudat, Trustee Molohon, Trustee Clinch, and Supervisor Dawson voting “aye”. Motion passed unanimously.
Discuss, consider and vote on MMYBSA requests: Supervisor Dawson recognized Josh Benway. He extended thanks to Medina for support and presented team plaque. Josh Benway advised that MMYBSA would like to regrade the first three infields. After discussion, township board advised that additional information would be needed before proceeding.
Discuss, consider and vote on Colony Point Park Water Outlet: Supervisor Dawson recognized Donna Collier requests. She advised that the Homeowners Association would pay the cost to install and maintain outlet in order to provide water to the park. Supervisor Dawson requested written request outlining proposal and will consider at later board meeting.
Discuss, consider and vote on Prompt Payment Appendix A addition: After discussion, Supervisor Dawson made motion to add Jim Byron to Appendix A, seconded by Trustee Gudat, followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Telephone System Upgrade: Supervisor Dawson advised the Comcast provided new telephone system. No questions were received from board.
Pay Township Bills
Township/Road District Bills Audited: All bills of the Town and the Road District were approved for payment. Trustee Clinch moved to pay the bills, seconded by Trustee Molohon followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Adjournment: There being no further business to come before the board, Trustee Molohon moved to adjourn, seconded by Trustee Gudat, followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. The meeting adjourned at 7:44 PM.
Respectfully submitted this 14th day of August, 2019
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk