The Board of Trustees met at the Medina Township Office located at 10628 N. Galena Road, Mossville, Illinois on August 12th, 2020 Purpose: Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
Present: John H. Dawson, Supervisor
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk
Mike Molohon, Trustee
Richard Clinch, Trustee
Absent: Cam Parr, Trustee
Adam Gudat, Trustee
Other Officials and Township Staff Present: Frank Sturm, Road Commissioner
Others In Attendance: 4 resident
Call To Order: Supervisor Dawson called the meeting to order at 6:00 PM.
Clerk, Garner, presented the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting held July 8th, 2020. Supervisor Dawson moved to approve, as presented, seconded by Trustee Molohon; followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Community Policing Report:
Deputy Lauber reported burglary at Fast Break on Route 29. Vehicle was drove into storefront. Unknown person attempted to remove ATM machine but was unable to remove machine and fled scene. Investigation is ongoing. The bike patrol is underway with no issues.
Supervisor Dawson received no request for public input.
Correspondence & Reports
Supervisor, John Dawson:
- Investment Report: The Investment Report ending on August 12th, 2020 was previously presented to board.
Road Commissioner, Frank Sturm, II:
- JIMAX Landscaping started grinding the stockpile of flood debris. They got about ¾ of the pile processed. Unfortunately, they accidentally placed a piece of metal in their tub grinder, and it damaged their machine. They should be back to complete work soon.
- Horowitz completed the miscellaneous concrete repairs, including the sidewalk between Bennett Court and Strathmoore.
- There was a water main break on Hickory Grove Road, near Hickory Grove Court. The traffic control that Illinois American Water set up was a bit confusing and several residents called with complaints. I finally got some contact info for one of their field people, and they were able to open one lane of traffic on Friday.
- Humana is planning on increasing our monthly health insurance premium by $2,000. Our agent found a new plan for us. We are completing the paperwork now. The new premium will be a few hundred dollars more a month than we pay now.
- The windstorm on Monday didn’t cause a lot of damage township wide. It did shred the tarps on the salt stockpile
Assessor, Mark Brabant:
Plan Commission, Chairperson Manning:
Minutes – Medina Township
Board of Trustees
Medina Park Agreement: Supervisor recognized Clerk who presented request from IVC District 321 to use Medina Park for Mossville Junior High baseball. Clerk presented park agreement with certificate of insurance with recommendation for approval of agreement. Trustee Clinch made motion to approve Medina Park Agreement with IVC, seconded by Trustee Molohon followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. Motion passed unanimously.
Pay Township Bills
Township/Road District Bills Audited: All bills of the Town and the Road District were approved for payment. Trustee Molohon moved to pay the bills, seconded by Trustee Clinch followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. Motion passed unanimously.
Adjournment: There being no further business to come before the board, Supervisor Dawson Molohon to adjourn, seconded by Trustee Clinch, followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. The meeting adjourned at 6:27 PM.
Respectfully submitted this 12th day of August 2020.
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk
Page 2 of 2