The Board of Trustees met at the Medina Township Office located at 10628 N. Galena Road, Mossville, Illinois on September 9th, 2020 Purpose: Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
Present: John H. Dawson, Supervisor
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk
Mike Molohon, Trustee
Richard Clinch, Trustee
Cam Parr, Trustee
Adam Gudat, Trustee
Other Officials and Township Staff Present: Frank Sturm, Road Commissioner
Others In Attendance: 2 residents
Call To Order: Supervisor Dawson called the meeting to order at 6:00 PM.
Clerk, Garner, presented the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting held August 12th, 2020. Supervisor Dawson moved to approve, as presented, seconded by Trustee Clinch; followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote with Trustee Parr and Trustee Gudat abstaining.
Community Policing Report:
Deputy Lauber reported motor vehicle burglaries are on the rise, and residents need to be vigilant. It is quiet otherwise.
Supervisor Dawson received no request for public input.
Correspondence & Reports
Supervisor, John Dawson:
- Investment Report: The Investment Report ending on September 9th, 2020 was previously presented to board.
- Presented Annexation notice from City of Peoria.
- Advised that township salaries will need to be reviewed and set at next month’s meeting.
Road Commissioner, Frank Sturm, II:
- The new health insurance went into effect on 09/01/20. The monthly premium of $7,389.28 is only a few hundred dollars more per month than previous coverage. 2. We ordered new tarps for the salt stockpile. They will be very heavy duty and should last a long time.
- We ordered new tarps for the salt stockpile. They will be very heavy duty and should last
a long time.
- We received 2 proposals for the single axle truck. Since we are trading in the 1999, we
could waive the formal bid phase, but thought some competition would be a good idea.
Proposals were as follows:
|Centre State (International)||Truck Centers (Western Star)|
A good portion of the equipment, we specified for the truck, was standard equipment on the Western Star, but was optional on the International. We went with the Western Star.
4. Starting to get leaf vac ready for fall pickup. Had to order a couple impellers and hoses and other miscellaneous parts.
5. We have 2 very old trailers, for hauling our equipment. Both are in poor condition and we have to weld cracks in the frames, when we use them.
Tucker Equipment Sales $13,950
An order was with Tucker.
6. Cost split on well repair. Will consider.
7. Felicia Lane replace gate.
Assessor, Mark Brabant:
Assessor advised that townships assessed value will be reduced. Anyone with a senior freeze last year is automatically renewed for next year. Residents will no longer need to be notarized.
Plan Commission, Chairperson Manning:
Trustee Parr reported positive response to sidewalk and railing along Hickory Grove Road near Bennett Court.
Hjerpe & Tennison Audit Results: Supervisor Dawson recognized Virginia Love to present auditors report. In their opinion, the financial statements present fairly, in all material respects, the modified cash basis financial position of the Medina Township. She presented audit for year ended March 31, 2020 and made recommendation on change to capitalization policy. State report has been filed.
Community Needs Agency Support: Supervisor Dawson presented request from Community Needs Agency. Supervisor Dawson made motion to donate $500 to Community Needs Agency, seconded by Trustee Parr, followed by roll call vote with Trustees, Parr, Gudat, Molohon, Clinch, and Supervisor Dawson voting “Aye.
Authorize expenditures for emergency well repair: Supervisor requested authorization to complete repairs to well. Motion made to authorize expenditures for emergency well repairs by Trustee Clinch, seconded by Trustee Gudat and followed by roll call vote with Trustees, Parr, Gudat, Molohon, Clinch, and Supervisor Dawson voting “Aye.
Medina Park Agreement: Supervisor recognized Clerk to present park agreement. Clerk recommended that park agreement be tabled until certificate of insurance provided.
Discuss/vote on Medina Park field grading improvements: Supervisor Dawson requested authority to retain contractor to address fields. Projected cost for new backstop of field #2 to be $8,000. Discussed moving backstop from field # 6 to field # 2. Motion made by Trustee Parr to extend authority for Supervisor Dawson to negotiate contract terms and pricing to be presented to the board, seconded by Trustee Molohon, followed by roll call vote with Trustees, Parr, Gudat, Molohon, Clinch, and Supervisor Dawson voting “Aye.
Pay Township Bills
Township/Road District Bills Audited: All bills of the Town and the Road District were approved for payment. Trustee Molohon moved to pay the bills, seconded by Trustee Clinch followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. Motion passed unanimously.
Adjournment: There being no further business to come before the board, Supervisor Dawson Molohon to adjourn, seconded by Trustee Gudat, followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. The meeting adjourned at 7:07 PM.
Respectfully submitted this 9th day of September 2020.
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk