The Medina Township Board of Trustees Monthly Meeting
Wednesday, February 9, 2022
Purpose: Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
Present: Shawn Garner, Supervisor
Cam Parr, Trustee
Frank Gerke, Trustee
Mike Molohon, Trustee
Cindy Greene, Trustee
Mary Sundermeyer, Clerk
Other Officials and Township Staff Present:
Frank Sturm II, Road Commissioner
Deputy Ben Davison, Community Police
Others In Attendance: 1 Resident
Call To Order: Supervisor Garner called the meeting to order at 6:00pm
Approval of Minutes: Clerk Sundermeyer presented the minutes from the regular board meeting held on January 12, 2022. Hearing no corrections or additions, Shawn Garner made a motion to approve the minutes as presented. Cindy Greene seconded. The motion passed by a unanimous voice vote with Cam Parr abstaining (he was not present at last month’s meeting.)
Community Policing Report:
Deputy Ben Davison gave the report for January. There were 70 reports made including 2 deceptive practices, 1 hit & run, 2 assaults, 2 burglaries, 3 violations of orders of protection, and 6 thefts.
Public Input: No requests were given to the Clerk for public input.
Field Equipment revised quote: $1300 more needed for purchase of equipment plus freight. Delivery expected in 8-12 weeks.
Shawn Garner made a motion that Jill Tanner from Colony Point be appointed to the Medina Plan Commission. Cam Parr seconded the motion. The motion was approved by unanimous voice vote.
The board discussed adding an Addendum to the Park Agreement to specify labor and upkeep required by the users and to charge for labor if the required upkeep is not performed. It was also suggested that an average utilities cost be charged to the users. Cam Parr made a motion that an addendum be drawn up to cover these charges. Shawn Garner seconded the motion. The motion was approved by a unanimous voice vote. Shawn Garner will provide a draft of this revised Park Agreement at the next board meeting.
Mary Sundermeyer presented the Board Schedule for 2022-23. Shawn Garner made a motion to approve the board schedule. Frank Gerke seconded the motion. The motion was approved by a unanimous voice vote.
The board discussed creating two Capital Funds. Shawn Garner made a motion to approve TWN-01-2022 Ordinance Capital Building Fund. Cindy Greene seconded. The motion was approved by unanimous voice vote. The funding for this will have to be approved by the voters at the Annual Town meeting in April.
Shawn Garner made a motion to establish a Park Fund Ordinance TWN-02-2022. Cindy Greene seconded and the motion was approved by a unanimous voice vote. This funding for this will have to be approved by the voters at the Annual Town meeting in April.
- The investment report ending on February 9, 2022 was previously presented to the board.
- Aggregate has been delivered for Field #4.
- Shawn has been in regular contact with Kevin Peterson, liaison for the IVCYA.
- There was a request for General Assistance. Many calls have been received and referred to the Dept. of Human Services for TANF, PCCEO and the Community Needs Agency.
- The Board members are to complete the FOIA and OMA training as soon as possible and provide a copy of the certificates of completion to Mary Sundermeyer.
- Board members will be receiving an email from the county in order to complete the Economic Interest statement by May 1, 2022.
Road Commissioner: Frank Sturm:
- The 411/911 calls have stopped since Frontier disconnected the fax line. They still want to be paid for the previous calls that were made erroneously by their phone/fax line as there is no fax machine. We will not pay this bill.
- The 2018 truck from Koening is expected to be delivered in a week or two.
- The snow clearing from 2/2 and 2/3 went well and they received many compliments and one complaint. One truck broke down but they had the part in stock and repairs were completed within 2 hours. Most cars were off the streets, which helped tremendously. Thanks to Lake of the Woods for sending out an email blast to the residents regarding this.
- The road district will place its first salt order. Up to now, we have had enough salt on hand.
Assessor: Mark Brabant
Plan Commission: Jim Manning
There were no matters on the Peoria County zoning docket.
Trustees: No report
Township/Road District Bills:
All bills of the Town and Road District were reviewed and approved for payment. Mike Molohon made a motion to pay the bills. Cindy Greene seconded the motion. The motion was approved by a unanimous voice vote.
Mike Molohon made the motion to adjourn and Frank Gerke seconded it. The motion passed unanimously. The meeting was adjourned at 6:30 pm.
Respectfully submitted this 9th day of February, 2022
Mary Sundermeyer, Clerk