The Medina Township Board of Trustees Monthly Meeting
Wednesday, April 13, 2022
Purpose: Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
Present: Shawn Garner, Supervisor
Mike Molohon, Trustee
Cam Parr, Trustee
Frank Gerke, Trustee
Mary Sundermeyer, Clerk
Absent: Cindy Greene, Trustee
Other Officials and Township Staff Present:
Frank Sturm II, Road Commissioner
Mark Brabant, Assessor
Deputy Ben Davison, Community Police
Others In Attendance: 4 Residents
Call To Order: Supervisor Garner called the meeting to order at 6:00pm
Approval of Minutes: Clerk Sundermeyer presented the minutes from the regular board meeting held on March 9, 2022. Hearing no corrections or additions, Frank Gerke made a motion to approve the minutes as presented. Cam Parr seconded. The motion passed by a unanimous voice vote.
Community Policing Report:
Deputy Ben Davison gave the report for March. Things were relatively calm last month.
Public Input: Debbie Lee requested time to talk to the board about poor conditions on Singing Woods Road. She reports that the road is too narrow and the shoulder is soft. Traffic has increased due to a new park, Tawny Oaks. Most of her neighbors are in agreement and have signed a petition to this effect. Frank Sturm says that he is aware of the situation and is willing to meet with the neighbors of the area to talk about planned solutions and some “right of way” issues that hamper the situation.
- The IVCYA has applied for a grant from Medina Township in the amount of $2000. Mike Molohon made a motion to approve this grant. Cam Parr seconded the motion. The motion passed with a unanimous voice “Aye” vote.
- Shawn Garner made a motion to add the following to the list of recurring bills for automatic payment: Xerox and GFL. Frank Gerke seconded the motion. The motion was passed with a unanimous “Aye voice vote.
- IVC Travel has signed a Park Agreement with Insurance for using the ball fields. Cam Parr made a motion to accept this agreement, Frank Gerke seconded. The motion passed by a unanimous voice vote.
- IVCYA has signed a Park Agreement with Insurance for use of the ball fields. Mike Molohon made a motion to accept. Frank Gerke seconded. The motion passes by a unanimous voice vote.
- Pre-season Classic – Shawn Garner made a motion to accept the park agreement for the Pre-season Classic. Mike Molohon seconded. The motion passed by a unanimous voice vote.
- The renovations at the park are going well. The work has been completed on Fields 1, 2 and 3 and it looks good. The IVCYA has contracted with a third party to do this work. Work is still needed on Field #4. Due to the fact that another company has/is working on the ball field, the equipment the township ordered to do this work is no longer needed. We have not received the equipment yet and can cancel the order. Cam Parr made a motion to amend the prior motion to purchase equipment from ABI. Shawn seconded. A Roll call vote was taken: Shawn – Aye, Cam – Aye, Mike – Aye, Frank – Aye. The motion was amended. Mike Molohon then made a motion to cancel the order of equipment from ABI. Frank Gerke seconded followed by a roll call vote: Shawn – Aye, Cam – Aye, Frank –Aye, Mike – Aye. The motion passes.
- Investment Report: the report ending on April 13, 2022 was previously presented to the board.
- Shawn has been working with Kevin Peterson of the IVCYA. They have good communication.
- We received a request for General Assistance. This resident did qualify for the assistance and help will be provided with the resident’s bills.
Road Commissioner: Frank Sturm:
- The road office is receiving many calls to fill potholes. They are making the rounds to fill potholes. The crew is driving down every street and filling the potholes they find.
- Horowtiz is getting ready to do concrete work that was not completed in 2021.
- The garage has a roof leak they will find and address. Frank is getting some quotes to replace some singles over the break room and office and to repair the metal roof on the main building.
- They are starting to put together a maintenance program for 2022.
- Frank submitted an equipment inventory.
- Frank is coming up with road construction costs to present to the board. The report will show what it costs to repair one mile of roadway.
Assessor: Mark Brabant – No report
Plan Commission: Jim Manning – No report
Trustees: No report
Township/Road District Bills:
All bills of the Town and Road District were reviewed and approved for payment. Mike Molohon made a motion to pay the bills. Frank Gerke seconded the motion. The motion was approved by a unanimous voice vote.
Mike Molohon made the motion to adjourn and Frank Gerke seconded it. The motion passed unanimously. The meeting was adjourned at 7:10 pm.
Respectfully submitted this 13th day of April, 2022
Mary Sundermeyer, Clerk