The Medina Township Board of Trustees Monthly Meeting
Wednesday, September 14, 2022
Purpose: Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
Present: Shawn Garner, Supervisor
Cindy Greene, Trustee
Mike Molohon, Trustee
Frank Gerke, Trustee
Mary Sundermeyer, Clerk
Absent: Cam Parr, Trustee
Other Officials and Township Staff Present:
Frank Sturm II, Road Commissioner
Deputy Ben Davison, Community Police
Others In Attendance: 2 Residents
Call To Order: Supervisor Shawn Garner called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm
Approval of Minutes: Clerk Mary Sundermeyer presented the minutes from the regular board meeting held on August 10, 2022. Shawn Garner made a motion to approve the minutes. Cindy Greene seconded. The minutes were approved by a unanimous voice vote.
Community Policing Report:
Deputy Ben Davison gave the report for August. There were 87 reports made involving 27 crimes as follows: 8 car burglary, 4 domestic, 2 burglaries, 3 domestic battery, 1 hit and run, 1 violation of order of protection, 1 animal cruelty, 1 phone harassment, 1 theft, 1 sexual assault, 2 aggravated assaults and 2 other.
Public Input: None
Shawn presented a proposed noise ordinance. There was discussion regarding the ordinance. The board decided that using distance of the sound was preferable to the level of noise in decibels. Shawn will send this proposal to our lawyer for his review.
New Business: None
Supervisor Shawn Garner:
- Investment Report: the report ending on September 14, 2022 was previously presented to the board.
- Field #5 at the Park will be returned to grass and IVCYA is working on Field 6. Mossville is hosting the IESA regionals.
- A thank you was received from the Community Needs Agency for the donation we made to the “Pack Back” for schools last month.
- We have no General Assistance cases as of this time.
Road Commissioner: Frank Sturm:
- Hoerr Construction finished the televising and cleaning work done on the drain line along Fairview St. and in the park. The line was mostly cleared but will need to be replaced with a solid pipe in the near future.
- Hoerr construction completed the storm sewer lining in Cedar Bluffs Estates.
- RA Cullinan completed the pavement repairs on Singing Woods Rd. They had an issue with the primer coat and several people got oil on their cars. The contractor is taking care of those clean-up costs.
- A resident in Mossville has a very serious medical condition and is seeking an ADA compliant parking space. Our road crew will excavate the space and Horowitz will pour the concrete. This will cost between $3500-$4000.
- The previous issue with the Caterpillar late fee has been resolved and the fee has been waived.
Assessor: Mark Brabant – No report
Plan Commission: Jim Manning
There are 2 cases currently in front of the Plan Commission. One is regarding an Air B &
B and one involves a Solar Farm at Wayne and Rome Rds.
Mike made a motion that the Township pay for half of the Fairview televising and cleaning of the drain pipe since it involves the Park. Frank Gerke seconded. A roll call vote was taken: Shawn: Aye; Cindy: Aye; Mike: Aye; Frank; Aye. The motion passes.
Township/Road District Bills:
All bills of the Town and Road District were reviewed and approved for payment. Shawn Garner made a motion to pay all of the bills. Mike Molohon seconded the motion. The motion was approved by a unanimous voice vote.
Mike Molohon made the motion to adjourn and Cindy Greene seconded it. The motion passed unanimously. The meeting was adjourned at 6:38 pm.
Respectfully submitted this 14th day of September, 2022
Mary Sundermeyer, Clerk