The Medina Township Board of Trustees Monthly Meeting
Wednesday, April 12, 2023
Purpose: Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
Present: Shawn Garner, Supervisor
Mike Molohon, Trustee
Cam Parr, Trustee
Cindy Greene, Trustee
Mary Sundermeyer, Clerk
Other Officials and Township Staff Present:
Frank Sturm II, Road Commissioner
Deputy Ben Davison, Community Police
Others In Attendance: 7 Residents
Call To Order: Supervisor Shawn Garner called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm
Approval of Minutes: Clerk Mary Sundermeyer presented the minutes from the regular board meeting held on March 8, 2023. Shawn made a motion to approve the minutes. Mike Molohon seconded. The minutes were approved by a unanimous voice vote.
Mary presented the minutes from the special board meeting held on March 15, 2023. Shawn made a motion to approve the minutes. Cindy Greene seconded. The minutes were approved by a unanimous voice vote.
Community Policing Report:
Deputy Ben Davison gave the report for March 2023. There were 50 reports made involving 26 reports of 13 original reports of crimes. There were also 43 traffic stops made. Peoria County Code Enforcement along with the Sheriff’s Dept. issued a warrant to remove every car with 4 flat tires from a property on State St.
The people living in a Fairview St. house have been evicted and the property owners cleaned up the property.
Deputy Davison has made a report on each of the abandoned properties in the township. Now, any illegal entries can be stopped right away.
Gary Schmick – brought up the poor condition of roads and properties in the Lanes. He is trying to form a Homeowners Association and routinely patrols the area. Frank Sturm mentioned that the road district is planning on starting a tilling program in the Lanes where roads will be tilled and sealed the first year with another seal coating added the following year.
Old Business: None
New Business: No Park Agreements were received.
Supervisor Shawn Garner:
- Investment Report: the report ending on April 12, 2023 was previously presented to the board.
- There are no General Assistance cases.
- There are no cases before the Plan Commission.
- 1517 E Fairview St – resident has vacated the property.
- Met with Peoria County regarding testing and permit to accept fill at the adjoining property which is a potential site for a township office. Patrick Meyer is completing work on site plan, survey and permitting for this property.
Road Commissioner: Frank Sturm:
- Have received numerous calls, emails, and texts regarding potholes. Crews will start filling potholes today.
- Spring leaf pickup is scheduled for Monday, May 1st. They will make one round through the township starting at Lake of the Woods.
- The City of Peoria Works Dept has 2 CDL trainers. They offer training to outside agencies. Frank is working on getting the newest road employee into a program to upgrade his CDL license from B to A.
- Ordered 500 tons of salt from the State for the 2023-2024 snow season. We currently have 700 tons in the dome, 300 tons under tarps and about 150 in storage with Compass Minerals.
- Stark Excavating has started construction on the bridge on Dickinson Rd.
- Ameren fixed the streetlight at our entrance on Rt. 2
Assessor: Mark Brabant – No report
Plan Commission: Jim Manning – No report, no cases before the commission.
Township/Road District Bills:
Mike made a motion to pay the bills of the township. Cam seconded the motion. The motion was approved by a unanimous voice vote.
Mike Molohon made a motion to adjourn and Cindy seconded it. The motion passed unanimously. The meeting was adjourned at 6:30 pm.
Respectfully submitted this 12th day of April, 2023
Mary Sundermeyer, Clerk