The Board of Trustees met at the Medina Township Office located at 10628 N. Galena Road, Mossville, Illinois on February 5th, 2020
Purpose: Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
Present: John H. Dawson, Supervisor
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk
Mike Molohon, Trustee
Adam Gudat, Trustee
Richard Clinch, Trustee
Cam Parr, Trustee
Other Officials and Township Staff Present: Frank Sturm, Road Commissioner – Mark Brabant, Assessor
Others In Attendance: 2 residents.
Call To Order: Supervisor Dawson followed by pledge of allegiance to the flag called the meeting to order at 6:30 PM.
Clerk, Garner, presented the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting held January 8th, 2020. Supervisor Dawson moved to approve, as presented, seconded by Trustee Gudat; followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Community Policing Report:
Supervisor Dawson received no request for input.
Correspondence & Reports
Supervisor, John Dawson:
- Investment Report: The Investment Report ending on February 5th, 2020 was previously presented to board.
- Supervisor Dawson advised that assessor has provided Assessor’s Budget Request for 2020-2021 as required by state statute.
Road Commissioner, Frank Sturm, II:
- New loader is still about 2 weeks out. They have the machine, but are waiting for JRB coupler to be shipped.
- We had our annual Peoria County Road Commissioners meeting with PCHD, last Friday. The issue of enforcing posted weight limits on township bridges came up. It is more complicated than was explained last month. We do contact Peoria County Sheriff’s Office, and they contact the state police to arrange for portable scales. The PCHD is also concerned about the issue with rock salt next year with the proposed river closure. If you have storage facilities, they suggest you fill them after this season is over.
- We have received several calls and emails about potholes. Roadways are taking a beating with all of the freeze/thaw cycles.
Assessor, Mark Brabant:
Plan Commission, Chairperson Manning:
They approved variance under case # 003-20-V for 2606 Hicks Hollow Road, Edelstein, IL 61526.
Discuss and Vote: Due to escalating costs for maintaining Fields #5 and #6 at Medina Park, they will no longer be maintained. Supervisor Dawson presented details on cost. He estimates that cost of clean-up from flooding is over $4,000. Cost are escalating to maintain fields. This is the highest that we have had to levy for the park. Supervisor bringing issue to board’s attention to consider action. Board discussed ways to address and resolve issues.
Discuss and Vote to Change Peoria Pest to American Pest and add CINTAS to Appendix A of Prompt Payment Authorized List: Supervisor Dawson presented request. Trustee Clinch made motion to approve presented change to Appendix A with second by Trustee Parr, followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Approve board meeting dates for April 2020 – March 2021: Supervisor Dawson presented proposed board schedule with start time at 6:30 pm. After discussion, Trustee Molohon made motion to approve board schedule moving meeting start time to 6:00 pm, seconded by Supervisor Dawson. Clerk Garner took roll call vote with Trustee Parr, Trustee Gudat, Trustee Molohon, Trustee Clinch, and Supervisor Dawson voting “aye”. Motion passed unanimously.
Pay Township Bills
Township/Road District Bills Audited: All bills of the Town and the Road District were approved for payment. Trustee Molohon moved to pay the bills, seconded by Trustee Parr
followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. Cady Oil bills 64401, 63672, 58577, and 58547 were reviewed and included in approval.
Adjournment: There being no further business to come before the board, Trustee Molohon moved to adjourn, seconded by Trustee Gudat, followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. The meeting adjourned at 7:25 PM.
Respectfully submitted this 5th day of February 2020.
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk