The Board of Trustees met at the Medina Township Office located at 10628 N. Galena Road, Mossville, Illinois on January 8th, 2020
Purpose: Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
Present: John H. Dawson, Supervisor
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk
Mike Molohon, Trustee
Adam Gudat, Trustee
Richard Clinch, Trustee
Cam Parr, Trustee
Other Officials and Township Staff Present: Frank Sturm, Road Commissioner – Mark Brabant, Assessor
Others In Attendance: 2 residents.
Call To Order: Supervisor Dawson followed by pledge of allegiance to the flag called the meeting to order at 6:30 PM.
Clerk, Garner, presented the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting held December 11th, 2019. Supervisor Dawson moved to approve, as presented, seconded by Trustee Molohon; followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Community Policing Report:
Deputy Lauber reported that stolen property was recovered in Red Dot Storage incident. There was limited activity in township with only one reported motor vehicle burglary. Deputy inquired if ordinance passed establishing rules for public participation at meeting, and Supervisor Dawson advised that ordinance was passed.
Supervisor Dawson nor Clerk Garner received a request for input.
Correspondence & Reports
Supervisor, John Dawson:
- Investment Report: The Investment Report ending on January 8th, 2020 was previously presented to board.
- Supervisor Dawson provided Peoria County directory to township officials
Road Commissioner, Frank Sturm, II:
- We are still working out the details for the new loader. Should have all the paperwork soon.
- We did receive our order for rock salt. It is really good salt.
- Received another call regarding a sump pump. This is at Court St. and Broadway in the Lanes. A resident is discharging his sump pump in his backyard. Water is running over to Court St. and then east on Court, damaging driveways. These are becoming a problem, and I’m guessing it has to do with high water table near the river.
- The county is looking at replacing the Dickinson Road Bridge in 2023. It has funds from the County/Township Bridge Replacement Program. Dickinson has the worst rating of all of our bridges. I thought the State Street Bridge should be replaced first. The county said even though the State Street Bridge carries a lot more traffic, if it failed, an alternate route is nearby. There is no alternate route for Dickinson.
- We are registered for the new Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse. Deadline was 01/06/20.
- The speed limit in the Lanes (Hendrix Manor) will be lowered to 25 MPH. Probably go into effect next month.
Assessor, Mark Brabant:
In 2018, we had 69 permits with 6 single-family home permits. In 2019, we had 48 permits with 4 of them single-family home permits.
Plan Commission, Chairperson Manning:
No cases were before the commission.
Pay Township Bills
Township/Road District Bills Audited: All bills of the Town and the Road District were approved for payment. Trustee Molohon moved to pay the bills, seconded by Trustee Parr
followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Adjournment: There being no further business to come before the board, Trustee Molohon moved to adjourn, seconded by Trustee Clinch, followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. The meeting adjourned at 7:05 PM.
Respectfully submitted this 8th day of January 2020.
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk