The Board of Trustees met at the Medina Township Office
located at 10628 N. Galena Road, Mossville, Illinois on June 9th, 2021
Purpose: Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
Present: Shawn Garner, Supervisor
Cam Parr, Trustee
Mike Molohon, Trustee
Frank Gerke, Trustee
Cindy Greene, Trustee
Absent: Mary Sundermeyer, Clerk
Other Officials and Township Staff Present: Frank Sturm II, Road Commissioner
Others In Attendance: 1 resident
Call To Order: Supervisor Garner called the meeting to order at 6:32 PM.
Supervisor Garner, presented the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting held May 12th, 2021. Trustee Molohon moved to approve, as presented, seconded by Trustee Parr; followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Community Policing Report:
Lt. Jason Buckley reported for Ben Davison. He advised that 30 reports were made from 05/19/21-06/09/21 sharing highlight of calls. Post Covid-19 activity is increasing. Traffic grant from last year is being used on Route 29. This resulted in significant stops being made this week which should reduce speeding. He advised that noise complaints should be reported but a county ordinance is needed to fully address the issue.
Supervisor Garner received no request for public input.
Correspondence & Reports
Supervisor, Shawn Garner:
- Investment Report: The Investment Report ending on June 9th, 2021 was previously presented to board.
- Supervisor Garner advised that notice has been received from IMRF regarding the accelerated payment for Supervisor Dawson. Additional information will be secured and IMRF’s response will be presented.
Road Commissioner, Frank Sturm, II:
- Still receiving numerous calls on potholes. We should be done with potholes later this week or early next week.
- Started getting several calls regarding mowing.
- Plan to finalize maintenance program next week. We already have several entrances to repair. Hoping to do the following roadway improvements, if funds are available:
- Brentfield Dr. from Woodside to entrance between north end of Lake of the Woods Plaza and Brighton Woods Apartments – mill and overlay.
- Woodcrest Dr. from Woodside to cul-de-sac – still deciding on repairs.
- Part of State Street in Mossville from Route 6 to East Grant St. – mill and overlay. Finish next year.
- Poplar St. and Silver Leaf – till and A-2 this year, then A-1 next year.
- Seal coat streets in Devinwood Subdivision.
- Koenig is making progress on new truck but still a month or two out.
- Friday, dispatch called. Power was out near Mossville. Route 6 traffic signals were out. We put out temporary stop signs to help out county deputy.
Assessor, Mark Brabant:
Plan Commission, Chairperson Manning:
Case No. 2BA-2021-600023 was heard by the commission. This was a petition for rezoning from I-1 to I-2 Lots 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and Lot 7A in order to operate a recycling facility to process clean construction and demolition debris. Petition was approved by Plan Commission.
Cam Parr advised that State Senator Win Stoller was hosting a town hall on June 30,2021 from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM at Chillicothe Park District Clubhouse. He encouraged township officials to attend and to let others know to provide input to our state senator.
Medina Office Exterior Door Replacement:
Supervisor Garner advised that the exterior door will be replaced. S&S Hardware awaits materials in order to complete repairs. The delay was anticipated.
Pay Township Bills
Township/Road District Bills Audited: All bills of the Town and the Road District were approved for payment. Trustee Molohon moved to pay the bills, seconded by Trustee Gerke followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. Motion passed unanimously.
Adjournment: There being no further business to come before the board, Trustee Molohon to adjourn, seconded by Trustee Greene, followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. The meeting adjourned at 7:02 PM.
Respectfully submitted this 9th day of June 2021.
Cameron Parr, Trustee