The Board of Trustees Meeting
Medina Township Office
10628 N. Galena Road, Mossville, IL
July 14, 2021
Purpose: Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
Present: Shawn Garner, Supervisor
Cam Parr, Trustee
Mike Molohon, Trustee
Frank Gerke, Trustee
Cindy Greene, Trustee
Mary Sundermeyer, Clerk
Other Officials and Township Staff Present: Frank Sturm II, Road Commissioner
Others In Attendance: 1 resident
Call To Order: Supervisor Garner called the meeting to order at 6:00 PM.
Clerk Sundermeyer presented the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting held June 9, 2021. Trustee Gerke moved to approve, as presented, seconded by Trustee Greene; followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
The Township Budget meeting minutes were presented for approval. Trustee Molohon made the motion to approve with Trustee Gerke seconding. The minutes were approved by unanimous voice vote.
The Road District Budget meeting minutes were presented for approval. Trustee Molohon made the motion to approve with Trustee Parr seconding. The minutes were approved by unanimous voice vote.
Community Policing Report:
Deputy Ben Davison gave the report for the month of June. He indicated that 54 reports were made, some ending in arrests. Activity is increasing as the weather warms, as expected. The July 4th weekend went as expected with many calls regarding fireworks. People were shooting fireworks in all locations of the township. People have called regarding burning. The township has no ordinance regarding burning. The County has no statute regarding burning; therefore, we follow the State ordinance which allows for burning except for poisonous or hazardous materials.
Clerk Sundermeyer received no requests for public input.
Medina Office Exterior Door Replacement:
Supervisor Garner advised that we are still waiting on the exterior door replacement. S&S Hardware is waiting for parts in order to complete repairs. It may be another month until the door is replaced.
Medina Park Agreement – Mossville School
We have received a signed contract and the Certificate of Insurance required for Mossville School to use the park for their baseball games. Trustee Parr made a motion to accept the contract. Trustee Gerke seconded. The motion passed by unanimous voice vote.
Accelerated Payment to IMFR
Supervisor Garner explained reasons for paying the $14,151.55 increase due for John Dawson’s pension as a one-time payment. The township has the funds. Supervisor Garner made a motion to pay this bill. Trustee Molohon seconded. The motion passed with a unanimous voice vote.
Supervisor, Shawn Garner:
- Investment Report: Trustees requested that the Supervisor go back to the former style of report since it had more information and was easier to read. Supervisor Garner agreed to this.
- Mossville PTA and IVCYA: They will be responsible for cleaning the park after use, paying for their own chalk and bases. We (Township and IBCTA) will come up with a plan of repairs for August and September for Fields 5 and 6.
- State Sexual Harassment Training: has been emailed to all. Please read the 35-page document and sign it and return it to the Clerk. This is required by the State by the end of the year.
- Brookview Park: There are dead tree branches. Supervisor Garner will take care of this.
- Community Needs Agency: They have requested $500. Supervisor Garner will add this to the agenda for next month.
- Planning Commission: Still needs 2 people. Let Supervisor Garner know if you can think of anyone who would serve in this capacity.
- FOIA/OMA: Open Meetings website is still down. Supervisor Garner will let us know when it is back up so we can take the required online training.
Road Commissioner, Frank Sturm, II:
- New truck ordered from Koening still one month from delivery.
- Hickory Grove Rd was restriped. New crosswalk signs requested.
- Looking to lease 2 new mowing tractors for 5 years.
- Bids taken on trench drain on Woodside Dr.
- Miscellaneous concrete work for 2021, received 1 bid from Horowitz.
- New roller delivered.
- Start preliminary engineering on Woodcrest Dr. to replace pavement, curb and gutter, sidewalks and approaches. Maurer-Stutz hired for this.
- General Road Fund needs revenue. Permanent Road Fund has funds. Will look into transferring money from Permanent Road fund.
- Multiple Stop signs stolen at Rome West and Krause.
- Sump pumps on Fairview have no place to run water coming from basements, running on road, ruining it, no storm sewers, need larger collector line through park.
Cam Parr advised that State Senator Win Stoller held a very informative town hall meeting in Chillicothe. Cam is pleased with Senator Stoller’s ability to work across the aisle and get things done. Senator Stoller is very supportive of Township government and is willing to hold town hall meetings.
Pay Township Bills
Township/Road District Bills Audited: All bills of the Town and the Road District were approved for payment. Trustee Molohon moved to pay the bills, seconded by Trustee Gerke followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. Motion passed unanimously.
Adjournment: There being no further business to come before the board, Trustee Molohon moved to adjourn, seconded by Trustee Greene, followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. The meeting adjourned at 6:54 PM.
Respectfully submitted this 14th day of July 2021.