The Board of Trustees met at the Medina Township Office
located at 10628 N. Galena Road, Mossville, Illinois on May 12th, 2021
Purpose: Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
Present: John H. Dawson, Supervisor
Cam Parr, Trustee
Mike Molohon, Trustee
Adam Gudat, Trustee
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk
Richard Clinch, Trustee
Other Officials and Township Staff Present: Frank Sturm II, Road Commissioner and Mark Brabant, Assessor
Others In Attendance: 10 residents
Call To Order: Supervisor Dawson called the meeting to order at 6:00 PM.
Clerk, Garner, presented the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting held April 14th, 2021. Supervisor Dawson moved to approve, as presented, seconded by Trustee Gudat; followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote with Trustee Clinch abstaining.
Community Policing Report:
Deputy Ben Davison reported 9-1-1 issue with Medina Road District building has not been resolved with Frontier. He will visit their office in attempt to resolve. There have been several reports of loud music which were resolved with resident. Increased reports of burning leaves which are handled by fire department. Deputy has been spending time at ballpark with no issues. Motor vehicle burglaries in surrounding areas but not in township. He reminded residents to keep external lights on and lock vehicles and residents.
Supervisor Dawson recognized Clayton Walenta. He requested a copy of proposal for field repairs. He asked that the Board follow-up with President Josh Benway and Clayton Walenta, as representatives of the parents organization, regarding our formal plans for the park. He inquired who is responsible for air sanitizers and was advised the township installed the equipment and is responsible for maintaining.
Correspondence & Reports
Supervisor, John Dawson:
- Investment Report: The Investment Report ending on May 12th, 2021 was previously presented to board.
- Supervisor Dawson expressed gratitude to the township for the opportunity to serve as well as those who have served with him over his terms of office. He is proud of the improvements made in the township since 2005 when he was elected Township Supervisor.
Road Commissioner, Frank Sturm, II:
- Koenig is now working on our new truck.
- Have received numerous calls about potholes, which we are working on filling.
- Received several calls about bringing brush, limbs and trees to our yard. We stopped accepting these items last fall. It was just getting out of control and some folks were dropping off appliances and trash. Tree service companies were dumping entire trees. We were running out of room. We are assessing the situation and will hopefully come up with a plan.
- We are still getting calls from residents that want their approaches, curbs & gutters and sidewalks replaced.
- We completed the spring leaf pick-up. Picked up about 1/8 of a vac load. Received a few calls from residents that were upset because we didn’t put up signs. We don’t usually put-up signs for spring pick-up due to frequent weather changes and because the pick-up is usually for one day. May out up signs next spring.
- Our telephone line to the shop still isn’t working. Talked to Frontier yesterday and they say they are waiting for their contractor to get started. They are supposed to update me soon. They invoiced us for all of the 911 calls that were made. I told them we aren’t paying for these calls.
Assessor, Mark Brabant:
Plan Commission, Chairperson Manning:
Trustee Clinch thanked the people of Medina for their support over the years and advised that the township officials have served the residents well and was glad to have served and contributed to the township.
Trustee Gudat expressed his gratitude to the people of the township for their support.
Medina Park Concession Building Improvements: Supervisor Dawson advised that repairs of the bathroom partitions have been completed by S& S Builders Hardware.
Medina Office Exterior Door Replacement:
Supervisor Dawson advised that the exterior door will be replaced. S&S Hardware awaits materials in order to complete repairs. A delay was expected due to difficulty securing materials.
Oath of Elected Officials: Oath of offices administered to newly elected officials
Swearing in of Officers for new term: Township Clerk Garner swore in newly elected township board officials with terms beginning May 17, 2021 –Road Commissioner, Frank Sturm; Clerk, Mary Sundermeyer; Trustees, Cam Parr, Mike Molohon, Frank Gerke, and Cindy Greene. Township Supervisor John Dawson swore in newly elected Township Supervisor with term beginning May 17, 2021 – Shawn Garner.
Resolution TWN-2021-02 (Affirmation of IMRF Participation): Supervisor Dawson advised that state passed law in 2017 that the Township must complete a resolution to continue in IMRF. Supervisor Dawson made motion to adopt Resolution TWN-2021-02, seconded by Trustee Parr, followed by unanimous voice vote. Motion passed.
Affirmation of IMRF Authorized Agent: Supervisor Dawson presented IMRF Form 220 affirming authorized agent. After discussion, Supervisor Dawson made motion to affirm and submit IMRF Form 220, Seconded by Trustee Molohon, followed by a unanimous voice vote. Motion passed.
Medina Park Agreement: Supervisor Dawson advised that park agreements for Brad Wallin Memorial Tournament was received. Clerk Garner presented park agreement from Brad Wallin Memorial Tournament along with certificate of insurance (“COI”) for June 2, 2021 to June 6, 2021. Recommendation made to approve park agreement. Trustee Parr Dawson moved to approve park agreement with Brad Wallin Memorial Tournament, seconded by Trustee Gudat; followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. Motion passed.
Pay Township Bills
Township/Road District Bills Audited: All bills of the Town and the Road District were approved for payment. Trustee Molohon moved to pay the bills, seconded by Trustee Clinch
followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. Motion passed unanimously.
Adjournment: There being no further business to come before the board, Trustee Gudat to adjourn, seconded by Trustee Clinch, followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. The meeting adjourned at 6:57 PM.
Respectfully submitted this 12th day of May 2021.
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk