The Board of Trustees met at the Medina Township Office
located at 10628 N. Galena Road, Mossville, Illinois on April 14th, 2021 Purpose: Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
Present: John H. Dawson, Supervisor
Cam Parr, Trustee
Mike Molohon, Trustee
Adam Gudat, Trustee
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk
Absent: Richard Clinch, Trustee
Other Officials and Township Staff Present: Frank Sturm II, Road Commissioner and Mark Brabant, Assessor
Others In Attendance: 3 residents
Call To Order: Supervisor Dawson called the meeting to order at 6:00 PM.
Clerk, Garner, presented the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting held March 10th, 2021. Trustee Molohon moved to approve, as presented, seconded by Trustee Gudat; followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote with Trustee Parr abstaining.
Community Policing Report:
Deputy Ben Davison reported it has remained relatively calm in the township. He reminded residents to keep external lights on and vehicles locked. We have had some vehicle burglaries. He advised Road Commissioner that he addressed reported abandon vehicle on roadway at1517 Hendryx Lane.
Supervisor Dawson received no request for public input.
Correspondence & Reports
Supervisor, John Dawson:
- Investment Report: The Investment Report ending on April 14th, 2021 was previously presented to board.
- Supervisor Dawson advised that park agreements for IVCYA and The Preseason Classic Tournament were received. Clerk Garner presented park agreement from Illinois Valley Central Youth Athletics (IVCYA) along with certificate of insurance (“COI”) for April 14, 2021 to October 31, 2021. Recommendation made to approve park agreement. Supervisor Dawson moved to approve park agreement with IVCYA, seconded by Trustee Parr; followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. Clerk Garner presented park agreement from The Preseason Classic Tournament without COI for April 23, 2021 to April 25, 2021. Recommendation made to approve park agreement contingent upon COI as outlined in park agreement being submitted. Supervisor Dawson moved to approve park agreement with The Preseason Classic Tournament contingent upon COI being submitted, seconded by Trustee Gudat; followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Road Commissioner, Frank Sturm, II:
- Peoria County sent us the executed intergovernmental agreement for the replacement of the bridge on Dickinson Lane. The engineering work has already started. 2. AMEREN has started working on the gas main replacement in Lake of the Woods. 3. Our telephone service line to the shed needs to be replaced. We currently have no phone service. Frontier seems to be dragging their feet on replacing this line. They are obligated to provide dial-tone to building.
- Our new truck is still at Koenig. They haven’t started on it yet. It has been moved in their lot.
Minutes – Medina Township
Board of Trustees
- I have been contacted by two more residents regarding extending the sidewalk on Hickory Grove Road, out to Route 40.
Assessor, Mark Brabant:
Plan Commission, Chairperson Manning:
Dr. Zwicky – Medina Trail:
Supervisor Dawson reported that resident’s counsel advised that resident declines to reimburse township’s legal fees. Supervisor Dawson outlined that the township board had indicated approval of agreement language. Trustee Parr outlined that we requested reimbursement for our legal expenses and is in favor of the license agreement and recommends approval. Trustee Gudat inquired how accepting licensing agreement will affect future response to such issues. Supervisor Dawson advised that legal counsel advised that this could become an issue as well as establishing potential precedent for others with encroachments issues. Trustee Parr asked if we required other property be removed. Supervisor Dawson responded that there have been cases where the property had to be removed. Trustee Molohon advised that township can pay our legal fees and take no further action. Supervisor Dawson believes that issue comes down to cost being incurred by township for granting licensing agreement and who should incur those legal cost. Supervisor Dawson made motion that the license agreement be declined and the board consider the matter closed due to the declination of the resident to reimburse the township’s legal fees, seconded by Trustee Gudat. Trustee Parr asked that matter be addressed if the resident offers to pay the legal fees can the matter be re-opened. Roll call vote was taken Trustee Parr voted no, Trustee Gudat, Trustee Molohon and Supervisor Dawson voted yes. The motion carries
Medina Park Concession Building Improvements: Supervisor Dawson outlined proposal to remove old bathroom partitions and reinstall with floor mounted. S& S Builders Hardware is making repairs.
Medina Field Repairs: Supervisor Dawson presented proposal for field maintenance. Trustee Molohon recommends that we table the matter until the July Board Meeting so we do not disrupt the season, seconded by Supervisor Dawson, followed by a unanimous voice vote. The motion passed unanimously.
Resolution TWN-2021-01 P.A. Act 100-274: Supervisor Dawson advised that state passed law that changed performance of newly elected official’s duty from 600 hours to 1,000 hours per year in 2018. Township needs to adopt resolution to become compliant with state law. People elected prior to January 2018 are exempt. Supervisor Dawson made motion to adopt Resolution TWN-2021-01, seconded by Trustee Molohon, followed by unanimous voice vote.
Medina Office Exterior Door Replacement:
Supervisor Dawson advised that the exterior door will be replaced. S&S Hardware advised that lead time for materials is 2-3 months. Supervisor Dawson made motion to have the front and exterior entry doors of the township office replaced by S&S Builders Hardware, seconded by Trustee Gudat. Roll call vote was taken with Trustee Parr, Trustee Gudat, Trustee Molohon and Supervisor Dawson voting yes. The motion passed unanimously.
Minutes – Medina Township
Board of Trustees
Pay Township Bills
Township/Road District Bills Audited: All bills of the Town and the Road District were approved for payment. Trustee Molohon moved to pay the bills, seconded by Trustee Parr followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. Motion passed unanimously.
Adjournment: There being no further business to come before the board, Trustee Molohon to adjourn, seconded by Trustee Gudat, followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. The meeting adjourned at 7:15 PM.
Respectfully submitted this 14th day of April 2021.
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk