The Board of Trustees Meeting
Medina Township Office
10628 N. Galena Road, Mossville, IL
August 11, 2021
Purpose: Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
Present: Shawn Garner, Supervisor
Mike Molohon, Trustee
Frank Gerke, Trustee
Cindy Greene, Trustee
Mary Sundermeyer, Clerk
Absent: Cam Parr, Trustee
Other Officials and Township Staff Present: Frank Sturm II, Road Commissioner Mark Brabant, Assessor
Others In Attendance: 0 residents
Call To Order: Supervisor Garner called the meeting to order at 6:00 PM.
Clerk Sundermeyer presented the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting held July 14, 2021. Trustee Gerke moved to approve the minutes as presented. Trustee Greene seconded this motion. The motion was passed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Community Policing Report:
Deputy Ben Davison gave the report for the month of July. He reported that there were 4 charges of damage to property, 3 battery charges, 1 domestic battery charge, and 2 charges of resisting arrest. There are car burglaries around the edges of Medina Township. All of these involved vehicles that were not locked.
Clerk Sundermeyer received no requests for public input.
Medina Office Exterior Door Replacement:
Supervisor Garner advised that we are still waiting on the exterior door replacement. S&S Hardware has put this job on their schedule.
Community Needs Agency request for financial assistance
Supervisor Garner received a grant application from The Chillicothe Community Needs Agency for $500. Trustee Gerke made a motion to approve a $500 grant to the Chillicothe Community
Needs Agency. Trustee Greene seconded the motion. The motion was passed by a unanimous voice vote.
Supervisor, Shawn Garner:
- Mossville PTA and IVCYA: We are waiting for a representative from the IVCYA board to propose suggested improvements for the park and ball fields. We plan to make these improvements in October.
- State Sexual Harassment Training: Trustee Gerke has completed this. The rest of the board needs to complete before the end of the year and turn in the certificate to Clerk Sundermeyer.
- Investment Report: The investment Report ending on August 11, 2021 was previously presented to the board.
- The Annual Treasurer’s Report: This report was presented to the board and will be filed with the Peoria County Clerk.
- Town Budget: The accountant found an issue with the Town Budget that will need to be addressed with an amended budget. A motion was made by Supervisor Garner and seconded by Trustee Gerke to hold a town budget hearing prior to the October 13, 2021 Board meeting. The motion was approved by roll call vote: Garner – Aye, Gerke – Aye, Molohon – Aye, and Greene – Aye. The motion passed unanimously.
- Annual Audit: Hjerpe & Tennison advised that they are working on the financial statements for the annual audit next month.
- Planning Commission: Still needs 2 people. Let Supervisor Garner know if you can think of anyone who would serve in this capacity.
Road Commissioner, Frank Sturm, II:
- Western Star has a new 2018 Dump Truck for sale for $137,000 with trade–in. If purchased, the oldest truck in the fleet would be a 2008.
- We are looking at leasing 2 mowing tractors for 5 years for around $167,000 including trade-ins. No units are available until mid 2022 at the earliest.
- Miscellaneous concrete work should start soon. Bids will be opened on 8/12 for pavement maintenance.
- Patching work was done on Ivy Lake Rd., McCabe Dr. and Singing Woods Rd. 5. Discussing fund transfer from Permanent Road fund to Road and Bridge fund with Redman Accounting.
- The stop sign has been replaced at Rome West and Krause Rd. The previous signs have been stolen.
- Erosion in gullies/ravines is becoming a problem. This should be up to the homeowner to remediate. This will only get worse as time goes on.
Pay Township Bills
Township/Road District Bills Audited: All bills of the Town and the Road District were approved for payment. Trustee Molohon moved to pay the bills, seconded by Trustee Gerke followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Adjournment: There being no further business to come before the board, Trustee Molohon moved to adjourn, seconded by Trustee Greene, followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. The meeting adjourned at 6:58 PM.
Respectfully submitted this 11th day of August 2021.