The Board of Trustees Meeting
Medina Township Office
10628 N. Galena Road, Mossville, IL
November 10, 2021
Purpose: Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
Present: Shawn Garner, Supervisor
Mike Molohon, Trustee
Cindy Greene, Trustee
Cam Parr, Trustee
Frank Gerke, Trustee
Mary Sundermeyer, Clerk
Other Officials and Township Staff Present: Frank Sturm II, Road Commissioner,
Mark Brabant, Assessor
Others In Attendance: 2 residents and Deputy Ben Davison
Call To Order: Supervisor Garner called the meeting to order at 6:30 PM.
Clerk Sundermeyer presented the minutes from the Road District Amended Budget Hearing. Trustee Molohon made a motion to accept the minutes. Trustee Greene seconded the motion. The minutes were approved by a unanimous voice vote. Trustee Gerke abstained.
Clerk Sundermeyer presented the minutes from the Township Amended Budget Hearing. Trustee Parr made a motion to approve, Trustee Molohon seconded the motion. The minutes were approved by unanimous voice vote. Trustee Gerke abstained. Clerk Sundermeyer presented the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting held October 13, 2021. Supervisor Garner made a motion to approve the minutes, Trustee Molohon seconded. The minutes were approved by unanimous voice vote. Trustee Gerke abstained.
Community Policing Report:
Deputy Ben Davison gave the report for the month of October. He reported that things were basically calm. At this time of the year, there are plenty of car versus deer accidents. Be careful and do not leave your car running and unoccupied with the keys in it.
Clerk Sundermeyer received a request for public input from Tim Clusky. Tim wanted to discuss drain tiles. Supervisor Garner said that the township is not diverting water onto Mr. Clusky’s property.
- Investment Report: The Investment Report ending on October 10th, 2021 was previously presented to the board.
- Repairs to Medina Park are underway.
- We are addressing the dead and diseased trees on township property that is near the Dunbar’s property.
- RK Dixon is delivering a new printer on Friday, November 12.
- Thanks are extended to Mike Molohon for installing trim and door seals on the new entry doors.
- National Opioid Settlement Letter presented for Board’s review.
- He recommends that we begin a process to create a Township Capital Fund and a Park Capital Fund. Counsel recommends creating an ordinance to create the funds and electors at the Annual Town Meeting to transfer funds to these accounts.
Road Commissioner, Frank Sturm, II:
- Leaf pickup started last week. The leaf drop has been lite so far. The trucks make a pass through the entire township. This takes about 2 weeks depending on weather and leaf volume.
- Miscellaneous concrete work will be suspended soon due to colder weather conditions. There is a plan to hold the contract to Horowitz over until next year since the work contracted for is not yet complete.
- IDOT did award the salt contracts. The vendor is Compass Minerals. We have used this company the last time we participated in the State’s program. We ordered 1500 tons of salt and the price is $63.86/ton. We will pay for this out of the MFT (Motor Fuel Tax) account.
- There was a formula error in the road district amended budget presented last month. The error was corrected and did not affect the total amount that was approved previously.
- Hallock Township is worried about the condition of the bridge at Staab and Hicks Hollow roads.
Assessor, Mark Brabant: None
Planning Commission: Jim Manning
There is one case regarding a landscape variance on Alta Rd.
Township/Road District Bills Audited: All bills of the Town and the Road District were approved for payment. Trustee Molohon moved to pay the bills, seconded by Trustee Parr followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Adjournment: There being no further business to come before the board, Trustee Molohon moved to adjourn, seconded by Trustee Gerke, followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. The meeting adjourned at 6:58 PM.
Respectfully submitted this 10th day of November 2021.