The Board of Trustees Meeting
Medina Township Office
10628 N. Galena Road, Mossville, IL
December 8, 2021
Purpose: Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
Present: Shawn Garner, Supervisor
Mike Molohon, Trustee
Cindy Greene, Trustee
Cam Parr, Trustee
Frank Gerke, Trustee
Mary Sundermeyer, Clerk
Other Officials and Township Staff Present: Frank Sturm II, Road Commissioner, Mark Brabant, Assessor, Deputy Ben Davison
Others In Attendance: 1 resident
Call To Order: Supervisor Garner called the meeting to order at 6:00 PM.
Clerk Sundermeyer presented the minutes from the Road District Levy Hearing. Trustee Parr made a motion to accept the minutes. Trustee Greene seconded the motion. The minutes were approved by a unanimous voice vote. Clerk Sundermeyer presented the minutes from the Township Levy Hearing. Trustee Gerke made a motion to approve, Trustee Greene seconded the motion. The minutes were approved by unanimous voice vote. Clerk Sundermeyer presented the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting held November 10, 2021. Supervisor Garner made a motion to approve the minutes, Trustee Molohon seconded. The minutes were approved by unanimous voice vote.
Community Policing Report:
Deputy Ben Davison gave the report for the month of November. He indicated that there were 52 calls made. It has been busy.
Review National Opioid Settlement – After discussion, it was agreed that a review would be made regarding any potential expense to the township, and the township would proceed if participating in a class action lawsuit could return any such expense.
- Investment Report: The Investment Report ending on December 8th, 2021 was previously presented to the board.
- RK Dixon delivered a new printer on Friday, November 12. We are waiting for the check from RK Dixon to pay off the balance to Ricoh.
- He recommends that we create a Township Capital Fund and a Park Capital Fund. We will have Counsel draft an ordinance to create these accounts. The electors at the Annual Town Meeting will have to approve a transfer of funds to these new accounts.
- We will need to specify reasons for new funds/accounts for building, land and equipment. These funds will be used with approval of the electors for committed purposes and assigned to funds/accounts with the ability to move money between funds. 5. We will come up with a Park Agreement Addendum to assign responsibilities to users.
- We will come up with a proposal for purchasing park equipment.
Road Commissioner, Frank Sturm, II:
- Leaf pickup has been completed as of 12/7/21. We can no longer dump collected leaves at Good Forest, as they are full. Disposal next year is in question.
- The road district fax line has been making 411 calls again. These calls go to 911. Frontier was contacted and according to their service personnel, this has been resolved. 3. Frank is considering closing Cline Rd for the winter from COP limits to Cedar Hills Dr. There are no houses on this stretch. The County Highway Department and the City of Peoria are fine with this closure. We will put up signs and barricades.
- Township Road District is not planning to replace the bridge at Staab and Hicks Hollow roads if it fails. We may be able to repair the bridge but only with participation from Hallock Township as the bridge serves their constituents. After discussion with the board, we concurred with the road commissioner’s potential decision to not replace the bridge. None of the board members voiced any opposition.
- Frank signed the license agreement with Oberlander for the streetlights that Oberlander will maintain.
Assessor: Mark Brabant: none
Planning Commission: Jim Manning: Some issues with Air B& B’s are still coming before the commission. A resident has submitted a request for the parcel where Club 29 was previously located. He requested that this parcel be rezoned from commercial to residential. The request was approved.
Trustee Parr reported that some ditch maintenance was needed and culverts might need to be replaced.
Township/Road District Bills Audited: All bills of the Town and the Road District were approved for payment. Trustee Molohon moved to pay the bills, seconded by Trustee Greene followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Adjournment: There being no further business to come before the board, Trustee Molohon moved to adjourn, seconded by Trustee Parr, followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. The meeting adjourned at 6:39 PM.
Respectfully submitted this 8th day of December 2021.