The Medina Township Board of Trustees Monthly Meeting
Wednesday, June 8, 2022
Purpose: Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
Present: Shawn Garner, Supervisor
Cam Parr, Trustee
Cindy Greene, Trustee
Mike Molohon, Trustee
Frank Gerke, Trustee
Mary Sundermeyer, Clerk
Other Officials and Township Staff Present:
Frank Sturm II, Road Commissioner
Deputy Ben Davison, Community Police
Others In Attendance: 2 Residents
Call To Order: Supervisor Shawn Garner called the meeting to order at 6:30 pm
Approval of Minutes: Clerk Mary Sundermeyer presented the minutes from the regular board meeting held on May 11, 2022. Hearing no corrections or additions, Shawn Garner made a motion to approve the minutes as presented. Cindy Greene seconded. The minutes were approved by a unanimous voice vote with Mike Molohon and Frank Gerke abstaining (they were not present at the May meeting).
The minutes from the regular board meeting held on April 13, 2022 were not approved at the May meeting. Shawn Garner made a motion that they be approved now. Frank Gerke seconded. The April minutes were approved by a unanimous voice vote with Cindy Greene abstaining (she was not at the April Meeting).
Community Policing Report:
Deputy Ben Davison gave the report for May. Things are getting busier as the weather warms up. There were 69 reports made involving 28 crimes. Crimes include theft, domestic battery and others.
Public Input: None
Old Business: None
Shawn Garner made a motion to add CMS Local Government Health Plan to the Appendix A for bills that can be paid as regularly expected monthly expenditures. Cam Parr seconded. The motion was approved by a unanimous voice vote.
- Investment Report: the report ending on June 8, 2022 was previously presented to the board.
- General Assistance will be increased from $325 per month to $350 per month starting June 1. We have one person on this general assistance program.
- Virginia Love of Hjerpe & Tennison will conduct the annual audit for Medina Township. Board members may get questions from her as to processes.
Road Commissioner: Frank Sturm:
- The road district is almost finished working on potholes. They have a few streets left to complete.
- Frank met with Hoerr Construction to plan some televising and investigation work on the drains on Fairview and in the park. The drains will have to be cleaned before we can see anything from the televising. Frank is expecting a quote from them.
- Horowitz is finishing the miscellaneous concrete work from last year.
- Frank is working with a new rep from Frontier. She seems to understand the problem and is working to remove the outstanding balance from the time that no service was provided.
- The 2022 Pavement plan is out for bid: Brentfield Dr, Singing Woods, Riverview and State St are slated to be worked on. This should cost around $329,000.
- The bidding threshold was raised from $20k to $30k for townships but not road districts. The State Legislature forgot to use the code to add road districts. Hopefully, they will add the road districts to that legislation in the Fall Veto Session.
- Shop Gate – is being closed due to break-ins at a neighboring property. We may have to look into a powered gate and security cameras in the future.
Assessor: Mark Brabant – No report
Plan Commission: Jim Manning – No cases
Trustees: No report
Township/Road District Bills:
- All bills of the Town and Road District were reviewed and approved for payment. Cindy Greene made a motion to pay the bills. Frank Gerke seconded the motion. The motion was approved by a unanimous voice vote.
Cam Parr made the motion to adjourn and Cindy Greene seconded it. The motion passed unanimously. The meeting was adjourned at 6:58 pm.
Respectfully submitted this 8th day of June, 2022
Mary Sundermeyer, Clerk