The Board of Trustees met at the Medina Township Office located at 10628 N. Galena Road, Mossville, Illinois on February 10th, 2021 Purpose: Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
Present: John H. Dawson, Supervisor
Cam Parr, Trustee
Mike Molohon, Trustee
Adam Gudat, Trustee
Richard Clinch, Trustee
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk
Other Officials and Township Staff Present: Frank Sturm II, Road Commissioner and Mark Brabant, Assessor.
Others In Attendance: 3 residents
Call To Order: Supervisor Dawson called the meeting to order at 6:00 PM.
Clerk, Garner, presented the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting held December 9th, 2020. Trustee Molohon moved to approve, as presented, seconded by Trustee Gudat; followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote with Supervisor Dawson and Trustee Clinch abstaining.
Clerk, Garner, presented the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting held January 13th, 2021. Supervisor Dawson moved to approve, as presented, seconded by Trustee Gudat; followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote with Trustee Parr abstaining.
Community Policing Report:
Deputy Ben Davison advised that it has been a calm month. Deputy has made contact with owner on Poplet Hollow Road and discussed protecting property from trespassers. He has been contacted by homeowner associations about speeding. Considering options to address once weather warms. Options being considered are placing trailer registering speed, set in visible areas, and issuing warnings or tickets. Deputy recommended residents limit times outside during cold weather.
Supervisor Dawson recognized Clayton Walenta. He asked about plan by township on field renovations at Medina Park. Supervisor advised that matter is being reviewed. Mr. Walenta extended thanks to road crew for snow removal.
Correspondence & Reports
Supervisor, John Dawson:
- Investment Report: The Investment Report ending on February 10th, 2021 was previously presented to board.
- Supervisor Dawson presented update on park repairs. The polycap on field 1 will be replaced. Township is securing bid on bathroom partitions.
- Supervisor Dawson recognized Clerk Garner who presented park agreement from IVC Travel Baseball Association along with COI for March 1, 2021 to October 21, 2021. Recommendation made to approve park agreement. Trustee Gudat moved to approve park agreement with IVC Travel Baseball Association seconded by Trustee Molohon; followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Road Commissioner, Frank Sturm, II:
- The entire crew tested positive for Covid-19 the week of 01/15/21, with the exception of one of them. Unfortunately from a staffing point of view, the one that did not get it is retiring. His last day on the job is 01/19/21. Luckily, the weather cooperated, and all are back at work now.
Minutes – Medina Township
Board of Trustees
- Our new employee did get his CDL permit and took and passed the CDL Driver’s Test on 01/29/21. He is catching on to everything quickly.
- We have almost half of the salt that we have stockpiled. I did email Illinois CMS to get on their bidding list for 2021-2022.
Assessor, Mark Brabant:
Plan Commission, Chairperson Manning:
Trustee Molohon asked about plowing on Garden Lane as resident advised that entire lane was not cleared. Road Commissioner will review with road crew but in past the entire lane had been cleared.
Dr. Zwicky – Medina Trail:
Supervisor Dawson reviewed recommendation from township counsel. Proposed edits were reviewed and found to be acceptable. Discussion held on reimbursement of township fees in full. Supervisor Dawson will follow-up with township counsel.
Discuss, consider, and vote on renewal of CPA contract: Supervisor Dawson provided contract for boards review. After discussion, Supervisor Dawson moved to approve Redman Accounting Solutions contract, as presented, seconded by Trustee Parr; followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Adopt township board meeting for 2021-2022: Trustee Parr made motion to Approve Board Meeting Schedule as presented, seconded by Trustee Gudat; followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Pay Township Bills
Township/Road District Bills Audited: All bills of the Town and the Road District were approved for payment. Trustee Molohon moved to pay the bills, seconded by Trustee Clinch followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. Motion passed unanimously.
Adjournment: There being no further business to come before the board, Trustee Molohon to adjourn, seconded by Trustee Gudat, followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. The meeting adjourned at 6:47 PM.
Respectfully submitted this 10th day of February 2020.
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk