Purpose: Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
Present: Shawn Garner, Supervisor
Cam Parr, Trustee
Cindy Greene, Trustee
Mike Molohon, Trustee
Mary Sundermeyer, Clerk
Absent: Luke Harvey
Other Officials and Township Staff Present:
Frank Sturm II, Road Commissioner
Mark Brabant, Assessor
Deputy Ben Davison
Others In Attendance: 0 Residents
Call To Order: Supervisor Garner called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm
Approval of Minutes: Clerk Sundermeyer presented the minutes from the regular board meeting held on August 9, 2023. Shawn Garner made a motion to approve the minutes. Cam Parr seconded. The minutes were approved by a unanimous voice vote.
Community Policing Report:
Deputy Ben Davison gave the report for August 2023. There were 74 reports made involving 35 reports of crimes (8 original crimes). There were also 35 traffic stops made. Cashless bail starts next week and will not appreciably change how the deputies do their jobs. Offenders can still be arrested for trespassing and will be removed if they do not comply with deputies’ orders. Speed measuring signs will be placed on Rome Rd, State St. and Regency Park to reduce speeding in those areas. Please remember to lock your vehicles.
Public Input: None
Old Business: None
Consider, discuss, and vote on grant application from Veterans Helping Veterans: We received a grant request from “Veterans Helping Veterans” in the amount of $1,000. They mainly help Veterans and others to obtain power chairs. Shawn made a motion to grant this request for $1000. Cam seconded. A roll call vote was taken: Shawn – Aye, Cindy Greene – Aye, Cam – Aye, Mike Molohon – Aye. The motion passes. Shawn will let “Veterans Helping Veterans” know.
Pay Invoice for PIPCO work on the sump pump drain line at Medina Township Park: Shawn presented the bill for work done at the park in the amount of $28,640.00. Shawn made a motion to pay this invoice. Mike seconded. A roll call vote was taken: Shawn – Aye, Cam – Aye, Mike – Aye, Cindy – Aye. The motion passes.
Supervisor Shawn Garner:
- Investment Report: the report ending on September 13 was previously presented to the board.
- There are no General Assistance cases.
- There are 2 cases before the Plan Commission: ZB-2023-0037 and ZB-2023-0038 for variances to the size of outbuildings.
- The township received a thank you note for the $1000 grant made to CNA last month.
- Hjerpe & Tennison will present their audit of the Township and Road at next month’s board meeting.
Road Commissioner: Frank Sturm
- RA Cullinan started the tilling and seal coating work. They should be done this week.
- Tazewell County Asphalt placed the leveling binder on the Ball Park parking lot yesterday. They will be back in late September to finish.
- ICCI was the low bidder on the 2023 Miscellaneous concrete bid.
- Hoerr Construction completed the storm sewer lining on Woodside Dr.
- The new bridge on Dickison Rd is open.
- Frank is switching the medical insurance for employees to Blue Cross/Blue Shield. It had been purchased through United Healthcare. The BC/BS plan is cheaper.
- Frank is investigating the Intergovernmental agreement with the city of Peoria.
Assessor: Mark Brabant – has received many calls and emails regarding the increase in home evaluations that homeowners recently received. The assessed value of homes increased from between 8-34% in this latest 3-year period.
Plan Commission: has 2 cases pending (see above).
Township/Road District Bills:
Mike made a motion to pay the bills of the township. Cindy seconded the motion. The motion was approved by a unanimous voice vote.
Mike made a motion to adjourn, and Cam seconded it. The motion passed unanimously. The meeting was adjourned at 6:37 pm.
Respectfully submitted this 13th day of September 2023,
Mary Sundermeyer, Clerk